Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

One of HENDRIX MARSHALLS up for sale on EBAY !!!!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of HENDRIX MARSHALLS up for sale on EBAY !!!!

WOW !!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10171&item=7306711 140&rd=1

not too sure to be honest, but quite a few people believe him..
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><br />
    ©º°¨¨°º©©º°¨ ¨°º©©º°¨¨°º© ©º°¨¨°º©©º°¨ ¨°º©<br />
    <br />
    <a href="http://www.shstudios.co.uk" target="_blank">Sandhills Studios, Liverpool UK</a> <br />
    </font></div>

Comment

Originally posted by Big Hair
      not too sure to be honest, but quite a few people believe him..
      __________________________________________________ ________
      Great transactions: -Juggernaut-, Beergoblin, Boris the Blade, Guttermouth, Tubesteakfortone, thriftyshirt, craftswitch, negative theory, and dethmetalanimal

Comment

I once was considering buying one of Jimmy Page's Marshalls on ebay. Turned out to be a phoney

Comment

Originally posted by rushtallica

No doubt~!

But you think someone putting up an amp that will command a lot of money and respect might bother to proofread their listing:

"This is an EXTREMELY RARE oppertunity to win one of very few existing Jimi Hendrix' Amp's.
          It is a Marshall Super 100 Plexi Head which has been in my possetion since 23/9/71. I still have the Original bill of sale from then and the Amp has been 'verbally' authenticated by both Jim and Terry Marshall in 94. There is no way of getting proof of it's history buecause of the fact that no records were actually kept from that time. The serial numbers indicate that the amp is approxomately a 1965 build, and that all the marking's are 'as near as damn it' defenitely a hendrix owned head. Due to jimi's destructive temperament this head is not original out of factory spec. it is as follows: The front and back panels do not match, probably because of a hasty rebuild after a show in the back of a bus...... This amp has an alloy chassis which suffered also from jimi's attacks, no 1 input is damaged probably from the head hitting the deck with a jack plug still in it. Marshall re-biased it for 6l6GC valves in 94 but now KT66's are available it can easily be converted back. I still have some of the original KT66's it came with.

What does it sound like?

This amp is unbelievably LOUD, it has a warmth and a percussive punch that makes my hair stand on end, When i (Very Occasionally) Fire it up! Very emotive of Jimi's sound."

And look at this:

"This truly is (probably) a once in a lifetime, unique opportunity."

Probably?

.....you missed one .........buecause of the fact.....

What a joker ........ funny he shows no date codes for the pots or trannies.......

Usually something like that should be authenticated by an auction house.....

I've seen retro guitars where you can't tell the difference from the real thing.....I imagine an amp could be retroed in the same manner. That amp would have to have a laydown power tranny .......I would like to see internal pics of it....................

Comment

Hm, I'd have to say "maybe." One thing is for sure, though, it WON'T make you sound like Jimi.

Comment

Originally posted by Powerslave
              Hm, I'd have to say "maybe." One thing is for sure, though, it WON'T make you sound like Jimi.

+ 1~! If it's genuinely one of Hendrix's old amps, that's cool. I personally would rather buy a similar amp that wasn't Hendrix's, saving a lot of money for the other gear it'd take to get closer to his tone if that's what I was after. But there may be a market for authentic Hendrix gear that keeps a value up.

I thought about getting a picture of my old boombox and putting a piece of tape across the top, spelling Jimy Hendricks (with the r backwards) to see if I could get some attention on e-bay~!

(I wouldn't mis-rep a product there, though)
              __________________________________________________ ________
              Great transactions: -Juggernaut-, Beergoblin, Boris the Blade, Guttermouth, Tubesteakfortone, thriftyshirt, craftswitch, negative theory, and dethmetalanimal

Comment

I wish i could go back and sort out the spelling mistakes but once it is done there is no going back........
                It is a genuine amp though, I said 'Probably' a unique oppertunity just in case another one turned up.

www.dfuk.org.uk
                <div class="signaturecontainer">i am soooooooo tired....</div>

Comment

Post more proof

Comment

what do you need to see to prove it to you?
                    <div class="signaturecontainer">i am soooooooo tired....</div>

Comment

Originally posted by DRIVING FORCE
                      what do you need to see to prove it to you?

Take it to CSI Las Vegas for DNA and fingerprinting evidence. If Hendrix's presence is not on that amp, it's a fake.
                      <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">2003 Gibson Les Paul Standard HxH Goldtop Southpaw<br />
                      1995 Mesa Dual Rectifier Solo Head <br />
                      Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive = Used with the Mesa for the secret Powderglass tone. <br />
                      Marshall JCM 900 1960B 4x12</font><br />
                      <br />
                      Good Transactions with: Bikehorn, Mr. Brady</div>

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Tweedbucket
                        WOW !!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10171&item=7306711 140&rd=1

Oh yea, let's all rush and spend a small fortune on a beat up amp from 1965 that (may or may not work properly) all this just because Jimi blew his load on it? That's right up there with buy Elvis sweat in a vial!

Comment

Originally posted by highgainlover

Take it to CSI Las Vegas for DNA and fingerprinting evidence. If Hendrix's presence is not on that amp, it's a fake.

Comment

Originally posted by Highgrade

That's right up there with buy Elvis sweat in a vial!

You mean I can get this!!?!??!?!

On a serious note, it's not that unplausible that Jimi at least owned it for a couple years. I'm sure he played through about 200 Marshalls in his career. My buddy Bruce's friend Danny Gill used to have a Marshall that was owned by Jimi.
                            <div class="signaturecontainer">And by the way I used to own a dumble it was a decent amp but I think Two Rock did a better job of getting the dumble tone so I sold it. - the &quot;great&quot; GREATPHARO<br />
                            <br />
                            I agree more money doesn't mean better, but usually it does - textdivine<br />
                            </div>

Comment

<div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><br />
                              ©º°¨¨°º©©º°¨ ¨°º©©º°¨¨°º© ©º°¨¨°º©©º°¨ ¨°º©<br />
                              <br />
                              <a href="http://www.shstudios.co.uk" target="_blank">Sandhills Studios, Liverpool UK</a> <br />
                              </font></div>

Comment

• Working...
                                X