I like Hammerfall

Sick Michael

• Members

Originally posted by SgtThump

I saw them live with Dio a couple of years back and both guitarists had Randall amps. They were very entertaining! I'm not real big into metal like that, but they were cool!

Chris, you have to get those two songs - Blood Bound and Hearts of Fire. Totally rules!!!

Metal to the hilt!

• Members

Originally posted by Sick Michael

On some of their songs I can hear the Engl Savage clear as day ( I own that amp) but on others its a little more gritty with more dirt on the preamp attack.

hmm....

You know the solo in never ever ? I dont know if there are more than one solo but is the the engl savage do you think ? its a really nice tone !

• Members

Originally posted by TheDirtyCat

You know the solo in never ever ? I dont know if there are more than one solo but is the the engl savage do you think ? its a really nice tone !

I dont know that one, but theres a song called Legacy of Kings. Im 90% sure thats Engl Savage.

• Members

I dont know that one, but theres a song called Legacy of Kings. Im 90% sure thats Engl Savage.

Go to http://www.hammerfall.net/main.html

and go on the album Chapter V: Unbent, Unbowed, Unbroken

The song never ever is there and you can listen to the sample.

What hammerfall albums have you got ?

• Members

You are correct sir! That's definitely the Engl Savage you're hearing.

BTW Long time no speak bro... How have you been? :D

Hammerfall is definitely on of my favorite power metal bands. I've been wanting to get my hands on their new CD "Chapter V:" for some time. Legacy of Kings is my current favorite.

Let the Hammer fall! :cool:

• Members

Definitely ENGLs, downloaded a video of them playing Blood Bound on Swedish TV and there were indeed ENGLs in the background. Can't remember which ones, but my guess is Savage.

BTW, check out (Hammerfall guitarist) Stefan Elmgren's Full Strike - We Will Rise album. Really good power metal, with some of the best guitar tones I've heard in a while.

• Members

Originally posted by TheDirtyCat

Go to

and go on the album Chapter V: Unbent, Unbowed, Unbroken

The song never ever is there and you can listen to the sample.

What hammerfall albums have you got ?

I dont have any albums, just a compilation of sorts that a couple of Swedish guys gave me.

Thats sweet tone on that song, but Im not convinced its Engl.

• Members

Originally posted by Wizard of Ozz

You are correct sir! That's definitely the Engl Savage you're hearing.

BTW Long time no speak bro... How have you been?
:D

Hammerfall is definitely on of my favorite power metal bands. I've been wanting to get my hands on their new CD "Chapter V:" for some time. Legacy of Kings is my current favorite.

Let the Hammer fall!
:cool:

Hi Wiz!

Ive been away, taking a break, working hard. Im alright but all this work is getting me down a little. Still, my problems are fairly insignificant, relatively speaking.

Hope things are well with you sir!

• Members

Originally posted by Big Hair

cool!

very maiden/helloween-ish

Shame you can't come to musikmesse Mike - maybe we can organise another ampfest sometime

Hi Mark!

Yeah, pity, but neither funds nor time is on my side right now. Looks like Im missing a blast!

I hope you all have a lot of fun!

• Members

One of my roommates is really into Hammerfall (it was the first power metal band he got into). I think they're okay, but they're not a band I can listen to regularly. The Legacy Of Kings album is okay, but their slower songs really get on my nerves. I like tracks like "Dreamland"

I guess in general I like fast power metal instead of the slow ballad-y stuff.

• Members

Originally posted by SgtThump

I saw them live with Dio a couple of years back and both guitarists had Randall amps. They were very entertaining! I'm not real big into metal like that, but they were cool!

That was the Killing the Dragon Tour , right Chris? I saw them on that as well with Kings X, Great performances form every band that night. That was also the night that they recorded the Dio DVD. Great show!!!!

Power metal rules!!!!

Kage

• Members

A lot of people here in Sweden bash this band like you wouldn't believe. I like them though, a great example of powermetal with good, reasonably simple guitarplaying and a really beefy/powerfull tone. What they do, they do very well i.m.o.

Archived