No announcement yet.

I like Hammerfall

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sick Michael

I dont know that one, but theres a song called Legacy of Kings. Im 90% sure thats Engl Savage.

You are correct sir! That's definitely the Engl Savage you're hearing.

BTW Long time no speak bro... How have you been?

Hammerfall is definitely on of my favorite power metal bands. I've been wanting to get my hands on their new CD "Chapter V:" for some time. Legacy of Kings is my current favorite.

Let the Hammer fall!
    Engl Savage 120 Jackson USA Guitars

Excellent transactions with:
    killertone, Mizati20, thaifoo, zygoat, is350xtrm, bartmcartman, xiwiwix and many more.

"Killing is my business... and business is good..."

Comment

Definitely ENGLs, downloaded a video of them playing Blood Bound on Swedish TV and there were indeed ENGLs in the background. Can't remember which ones, but my guess is Savage.

BTW, check out (Hammerfall guitarist) Stefan Elmgren's Full Strike - We Will Rise album. Really good power metal, with some of the best guitar tones I've heard in a while.
      "Walking the fine line between bacon and Christian."

Comment

Originally posted by TheDirtyCat

Go to http://www.hammerfall.net/main.html

and go on the album Chapter V: Unbent, Unbowed, Unbroken

The song never ever is there and you can listen to the sample.

What hammerfall albums have you got ?

I dont have any albums, just a compilation of sorts that a couple of Swedish guys gave me.

Thats sweet tone on that song, but Im not convinced its Engl.
        No!!! Fek off....

Comment

Originally posted by Wizard of Ozz

You are correct sir! That's definitely the Engl Savage you're hearing.

BTW Long time no speak bro... How have you been?

Hammerfall is definitely on of my favorite power metal bands. I've been wanting to get my hands on their new CD "Chapter V:" for some time. Legacy of Kings is my current favorite.

Let the Hammer fall!

Hi Wiz!

Ive been away, taking a break, working hard. Im alright but all this work is getting me down a little. Still, my problems are fairly insignificant, relatively speaking.

Hope things are well with you sir!
          No!!! Fek off....

Comment

cool!
            very maiden/helloween-ish

Shame you can't come to musikmesse Mike - maybe we can organise another ampfest sometime
            HCAF Veteran!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Hair
              cool!
              very maiden/helloween-ish

Shame you can't come to musikmesse Mike - maybe we can organise another ampfest sometime

Hi Mark!

Yeah, pity, but neither funds nor time is on my side right now. Looks like Im missing a blast!
              I hope you all have a lot of fun!
              No!!! Fek off....

Comment

One of my roommates is really into Hammerfall (it was the first power metal band he got into). I think they're okay, but they're not a band I can listen to regularly. The Legacy Of Kings album is okay, but their slower songs really get on my nerves. I like tracks like "Dreamland"

I guess in general I like fast power metal instead of the slow ballad-y stuff.
                Originally posted by Japetus
                Here will be the bet. By Aug 28th, 2007, Caparison Guitars will have signifigantly reduced in used value. If they have not, I will buy you the new copy of Madden 08, which will be coming out by then.

Originally posted by Megadeth7684
                That's a weak bet. I'll put my whole ****************ing rig on the line. The "signifigant" price drop has to be the $500-600 that you keep saying they're going to be selling for.

Comment

I've got the Hammerfall DVD and it seems they keep switching amps. I really like the tone on their first CD, but my Savage 120 never sounded like that.
                  Straight-Jacket memories, and Sedative highs... the Good Old Days.

Comment

Originally posted by SgtThump
                    I saw them live with Dio a couple of years back and both guitarists had Randall amps. They were very entertaining! I'm not real big into metal like that, but they were cool!

That was the Killing the Dragon Tour , right Chris? I saw them on that as well with Kings X, Great performances form every band that night. That was also the night that they recorded the Dio DVD. Great show!!!!

Power metal rules!!!!

Kage
                    My clips, check 'em out!!!
                    More Clips!!!

Mint, No Velcro and in Original box, Seriously priced to move. Price reflects PayPal'd and Shipped to the lower 48( Gift would be nice, have TONS of references) No reasonable offer refused

Get it while its hot gents, it wont last at this price!!!

PigTronix Disnortion OFO-$140

Comment

A lot of people here in Sweden bash this band like you wouldn't believe. I like them though, a great example of powermetal with good, reasonably simple guitarplaying and a really beefy/powerfull tone. What they do, they do very well i.m.o.
                      For sale:
                      Nothing at the moment

Comment

Oh, a little "anecdote": The singer was beaten with a beerglass really bad last year by a really tough and true metalhead He nearly lost his eyesight, the glass shattered just next to his eye.
                        For sale:
                        Nothing at the moment

Comment

Speaking of Power Metal, I hear that Stratovarius is coming around in the next several months, I cant wait to see that!!!!

Kage
                          My clips, check 'em out!!!
                          More Clips!!!

Mint, No Velcro and in Original box, Seriously priced to move. Price reflects PayPal'd and Shipped to the lower 48( Gift would be nice, have TONS of references) No reasonable offer refused

Get it while its hot gents, it wont last at this price!!!

PigTronix Disnortion OFO-$140

Comment

Originally posted by Sick Michael
                            I just got some of their stuff and I love it!!

What amps are they using on their stuff, sounds like Engls?

Kind of like Manowar, but a bit better. The cheese factor is easier to bear.

Comment

haha, I love old Hammerfall
                              From first to last
                              The peak is never passed
                              Something always fires the light that gets in your eyes
                              One moment's high, and glory rolls on by
                              Like a streak of lightning
                              That flashes and fades in the summer sky

"my gear list"
                              -GMW Superstrat
                              -Ibanez RG3120
                              -LTD M2

"You can take the man out of the 80's, but you can't take the 80's out of the man" - Paul Gilbert

Comment

check out this song by Labyrinth

Labyrinth - Thunder
                                From first to last
                                The peak is never passed
                                Something always fires the light that gets in your eyes
                                One moment's high, and glory rolls on by
                                Like a streak of lightning
                                That flashes and fades in the summer sky

"my gear list"
                                -GMW Superstrat
                                -Ibanez RG3120
                                -LTD M2

"You can take the man out of the 80's, but you can't take the 80's out of the man" - Paul Gilbert

Comment

Working...
                                X