How come no one has mention AVENGED SEVENFOLD around here before?

reo73

• Members

I finally got to hear these guys' music and to tell the truth I was completely blown away. Kinda like Prog meets Shred meets Nu-metal meets Queen. Great guitar work and amazing solos, amazing heavy riffing and very cool vocal melodies.

So what's the scoop with this band?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I liked their last album a lot, and thought they were awesome live. I dont like the new album though - his singing style really grates on it. Its much more of a whine and he never sounds like hes actually trying hard like on waking the fallen.

• Members

Originally posted by wor lez

I liked their last album a lot, and thought they were awesome live. I dont like the new album though - his singing style really grates on it. Its much more of a whine and he never sounds like hes actually trying hard like on waking the fallen.

I heard he had some serious vocal issues and was told to pretty much change his style or he would permanently lose alot of his voice.

I can't remember where I heard that though...

Tim

• Members

Originally posted by FWAxeIbanez

*enters thread*

:rolleyes:

*leaves thread*

thats quite the username you have there... you sound like someone who's opinion we should be listening to! can i have your email address, id love to chat with someone so optimistic and stuff, you know?

• Members

Originally posted by auronius123

thats quite the username you have there... you sound like someone who's opinion we should be listening to! can i have your email address, id love to chat with someone so optimistic and stuff, you know?

you misspelled erroneous... If I told you my name was shadow, would you like me better?

• Members

Originally posted by GregMan

I've only heard "Bat Country" and I like it a lot.

But the drums are recorded TERRIBLY - worse than St Anger drums. Which is a shame because it sounds like the drummer kicks ass.

i think the drums sound great. the only thing is they seem so 'in the background' that you don't even notice all the incredible fills until you hear the cd 20times.

• Members

Originally posted by Timmylikesthing

I heard he had some serious vocal issues and was told to pretty much change his style or he would permanently lose alot of his voice.

I can't remember where I heard that though...

Tim

The singer had popped blood vessels in his throat from overexerting his vocal cords. I can't remember where I read that either.

• Members

no i wouldnt necessarily like you either way, and no, its not spelled wrong because i wasnt trying to say erroneous mr axelibanez, you truly shut me down man, i gotta say im humbled! furthermore, just shut up, im not about to have some stupid argument on HC.

• Members

I don't know anything about their story or their names but I was suprised to see a bunch of guys that look like they stepped out of Good Charlotte rock and shred so much. Their sound is original (at least from my point of view) which is cool.

• Members

How come no one has mention AVENGED SEVENFOLD around here before?

cause everytime they are brung up, someone has to say something about their names.:rolleyes::p

but I personaly love avenged sevenfold. I bought city of evil not too long after it came out and I'm still impressed with the harmony everywhere. vocals, guitars, vocals & guitars, etc.

:)

• Members

people definetly mention them from time to time. they own, simply put. they're very tight and fun to watch live, and yes, their drummer is a beast, especially live. the names are kinda lame, but they rock and that's all that matters.

• Members

Originally posted by bikescene

The singer had popped blood vessels in his throat from overexerting his vocal cords. I can't remember where I read that either.

yeah thats true. he CAN still scream, just a combination of it hurting his voice and a more mature sound that makes him not do it (much) anymore.

Archived