Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Thinking of getting a BadCat Mini II, any other recommendations?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse









X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by SHAW


    that`s about the stupidist thing i have read here. a 5 watt amp is not doing 110 db`s for starters.



    You're wrong, my man. One watt through a Vintage 30 will knock out 100 dB at 1 meter at 1 KHz (louder at 2KHz-3KHz). An amp rated for 5W clean can put out 8-9W or more when distortin heavily. Each doubling of watts adds 3 dB. So,

    2W = 103dB
    4W = 106dB
    8W = 109dB

    And that's at 1 KHz! Check the speaker plots for a V30. It pumps out a few more dBs in the upper mids. So, he's not far off at all with the 110 dB comment!

    Comment


    • #32
      oh yeah i forgot " SUCK MY BALLS"

      Comment


      • #33
        by your equation a 100 watt amp would 206 db. bull****************. anybody that knows anything about an el84 amp no matter the wattage/ seems louder because of the midrange content compared to other amps. yes a 50watt is not that much quiet than a 100 and so on down the food chain but if you can`t play a 5 watt amp without attenuating it buy a ****************ing line 6 and learn to play instead of noodling with a ****************n amp geez you ****************ers are dumb



        Originally posted by maz_master



        You're wrong, my man. One watt through a Vintage 30 will knock out 100 dB at 1 meter at 1 KHz (louder at 2KHz-3KHz). An amp rated for 5W clean can put out 8-9W or more when distortin heavily. Each doubling of watts adds 3 dB. So,

        2W = 103dB
        4W = 106dB
        8W = 109dB

        And that's at 1 KHz! Check the speaker plots for a V30. It pumps out a few more dBs in the upper mids. So, he's not far off at all with the 110 dB comment!

        Comment


        • #34
          also depends on the speaker being used. db wise you can be no louder than the speaker. greenback 97db v30 99-100 -103 whatever put an ev 200 watter with that overpriced toy and i could see it might be to loud for an apt. get your facts straight

          Comment


          • #35
            cant believe no one said zvex nano, also check out bumbox amps, http://www.sombrabella.com/bumbox/

            Comment


            • #36
              The Kalamazoo is a good idea but I already have a similar amp in a '62 Supro Super (champ-ish circuit with a 8" Jensen). It does bright clean well and when pushed with a pedal or just cranked past 50% it does a loose dirty bluesy breakup well. I'm just looking for something with tone controls and a master control so I have more flexibility.

              I am definitely NOT looking for a Line 6 or POD. I've played them and really dislike them. Fun for a few minutes but the lack of tone gets old fast.

              I'd like to find a Dr. Z mini to try and try the Bad Cat Mini II with the 12" speaker. But for now I'll stick with the Supro. The Bumbox (boombox) 1 watt amp looks cool too. I'll have to check and see if anyone in NYC carries them.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by SHAW
                by your equation a 100 watt amp would 206 db. bull****************. anybody that knows anything about an el84 amp no matter the wattage/ seems louder because of the midrange content compared to other amps. yes a 50watt is not that much quiet than a 100 and so on down the food chain but if you can`t play a 5 watt amp without attenuating it buy a ****************ing line 6 and learn to play instead of noodling with a ****************n amp geez you ****************ers are dumb


                I'm sorry, Beavis, but you're the dumb****************. You should think twice before you open your mouth.

                1W = 100dB
                2W = 103 dB
                4W = 106 dB
                8W = 109 dB
                16W = 112 dB
                32W = 115 dB
                64W = 118 dB
                128W = 121 dB

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by maz_master


                  I'm sorry, Beavis, but you're the dumb****************. You should think twice before you open your mouth.

                  1W = 100dB
                  2W = 103 dB
                  4W = 106 dB
                  8W = 109 dB
                  16W = 112 dB
                  32W = 115 dB
                  64W = 118 dB
                  128W = 121 dB


                  GHAAAAAHAHAHhahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

                  +111111111
                  Thinking twice, or even once really, is beyond it.

                  Chuck
                  CHAO AB ORDO

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    The FUCHS lucky 7 is a nice little amp. Very pedal friendly, set up a great clean tone and use a couple of good dirt boxes to get into modded Marshall territory.
                    <div class="signaturecontainer">Jimmie Vaughan Strat -&gt;MJM Blues Devil-&gt;Sweetsound Ultra Vibe-&gt;JCM 900 2501</div>

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by chuckgp


                      GHAAAAAHAHAHhahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

                      +111111111
                      Thinking twice, or even once really, is beyond it.

                      Chuck


                      I'm glad you could see the intended humor! I really didn't mean to be malicious, but when somebody calls you dumb, but is totally ignorant himself, I think it's funny to spoon out a touch of his own medicine....strictly for theatrical effect, of course.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by maz_master


                        I'm glad you could see the intended humor! I really didn't mean to be malicious, but when somebody calls you dumb, but is totally ignorant himself, I think it's funny to spoon out a touch of his own medicine....strictly for theatrical effect, of course.



                        Can't do much but laugh at such ignorance, really.

                        4W = 106dB damn right it does.

                        EVERYBODY GOT THAT NOW?!?!?!?!?

                        THIS MEANS YOU, SHAWSHANK!!!!!!!!!!
                        CHAO AB ORDO

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          fair enough but i don`t run around with a db meter as part of my rig. each to his own but i still say if you have to attenuate a 5 watt you might as well be playing an acoustic. hell it would be louder

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by SHAW
                            fair enough but i don`t run around with a db meter as part of my rig. each to his own but i still say if you have to attenuate a 5 watt you might as well be playing an acoustic. hell it would be louder


                            Obviously. Think you can refrain from posting anymore absolute bull****************? Please?

                            Louder is not the point.

                            Thanks for all your professional advice, really helps.

                            You through???
                            CHAO AB ORDO

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by SHAW
                              fair enough but i don`t run around with a db meter as part of my rig. each to his own but i still say if you have to attenuate a 5 watt you might as well be playing an acoustic. hell it would be louder


                              You still don't get it. You don't have to run around with a meter as part of your rig! The sensitivity of common guitar speakers is published everywhere, but is pretty much common knowledge for anyone who's been at this a while (which, obviously, you haven't). The extrapolation from 1W to higher wattages is all basic high school physics and arithmetic. I gave you the physics part, so all you had to do was the simple, grade-school arithmetic...and you failed at that, while insisting that everyone else in this thread was "dumb", which obviously made you look like a real jackass.

                              Now, you're doing it again! We've just shown you how loud a cranked 5W amp can be and why attenuating it is necessary to produce bedroom/apartment levels, but you're still wondering why you need to attenuate a 5W amp!

                              Then, you top it all off by saying you might as well be playing acoustic, completely disregarding the whole subject of the thread, which is all about getting great distortion tones at low volumes.

                              You know, it has been said that a fool is born every minute. But, you're making me wonder if the rate is going up! You'd be doing yourself a big favor if you stopped while you were ahead and sat back and learned a little bit before opening your mouth again and making a complete fool of yourself!

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                shaw =
                                <div class="signaturecontainer">- Adam</div>

                                Comment



                                Working...
                                X