I believe and support a lot of the teachings of Jesus

-=MYK=-

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

being a christian is all about having a personal relationship with the person of Jesus Christ. I've been saved since Jan. 17, 1989. I had used some form of drug from pot to heroin/cocain for years. The night I got saved I stopped using cold turkey, went to college etc. etc. God really changed my life.

• Members

I don't think it was all a big sham. There's some stuff in the book that could have been *edited* or *revised* by the church, but there is some stuff in there that one could really learn from.

IMO, Jesus was just some smart dude that looked at people and thought about how humans are, and he said "whoa, wait...here's what we should try to do if we want to live good lives, and here's some stories/teachings that you should keep in mind if you ever run into any problems."

IS that really so far fetched?

• Members

Originally posted by -=MYK=-

I don't think it was all a big sham. There's some stuff in the book that could have been *edited* or *revised* by the church, but there is some stuff in there that one could really learn from.

IMO, Jesus was just some smart dude that looked at people and thought about how humans are, and he said "whoa, wait...here's what we should try to do if we want to live good lives, and here's some stories/teachings that you should keep in mind if you ever run into any problems."

IS that really so far fetched?

MYK:

This is what it is all about ... WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN. Myself, I believe in a creator. Somebody has been with my sorry ass for many years. I've been protected by something. This {censored} about us being made from amino acid just doesn't get it for me. We all need something to believe in ;)

• Members

Originally posted by AcidRock23

+1.

Of course, there's perhaps a question about whether they were REALLY the teachings of Jesus or stuff cooked up by the marketing machine that became the Church in the first few hundred years...

hence the name acidrock

• Members

I'm somewhat disenchanted with any form of organized religon. I just don't get it. There is nothing I hate more than people telling me how to live my life from what they believe in their Religon. They become fanactics for the most part. It always blows my mind how these people hate gays so much and won't let them get married as if they believe god's love's everyone except for the people who's life styles they don't agree with. I say let them suffer getting married just like the rest of us. END OF RANT:o

• Members

I'm sick of it too, I hate people trying to shove everything that they think is *right* down my throat, but I try to listen anyways, because there just might be something in what their saying that could be *right* for me as well.

• Members

I think he meant to say that Paul pretty much superimposed his version of Christ's teachings and philosophy to the point where Jesus and Paul are inseparable.

Paul is responsible for Christianity as we know it.

Originally posted by Bbreaker

hence the name acidrock

• Members

Originally posted by -=MYK=-

Pepi, you gots it wit yer post!

Yeah, just like Adam and Eve, come on, this is BS. IMO this never happened :( but it is a good example of how we should/may believe. Noah was another one I have a hard time believing in ... but it is a good example of the way we should/may believe in. I'm on my sixth glass.... :D

• Members

Originally posted by keith335

being a christian is all about having a personal relationship with the person of Jesus Christ. I've been saved since Jan. 17, 1989. I had used some form of drug from pot to heroin/cocain for years. The night I got saved I stopped using cold turkey, went to college etc. etc. God really changed my life.

wow, so you guys used to hang out or something?

• Members

Originally posted by Pepi

Yeah, just like Adam and Eve, come on, this is BS. IMO this never happened
:(
but it is a good example of how we should/may believe. Noah was another one I have a hard time believing in ... but it is a good example of the way we should/may believe in. I'm on my sixth glass....
:D

What's so hard to believe about the story of Noah and his boat?

IMO, to get the most out of the bible you can't take things so literal. Stop just watching the damn TV screen, and think about what it's really trying to tell you!

• Members

Originally posted by Pepi

Yeah, just like Adam and Eve, come on, this is BS. IMO this never happened
:(
but it is a good example of how we should/may believe. Noah was another one I have a hard time believing in ... but it is a good example of the way we should/may believe in. I'm on my sixth glass....
:D

it's an ancient semitic story, actually. the characters are symbolic. adam (mankind), eve (life), abel (pastoralists = the semites), cain (agriculturalists)... basically it's their story about how these people came in and started killing them for their land. they couldn't figure out why anyone would want to work that hard, so they figured it must have been some sort of punishment or curse for taking it upon themselves to decide who/what lives and dies.

it actually did happen, just not at all in a literal sense. the story was appropriated by the agriculturalist people, who naturally couldn't see themselves as the bad guy, and the meaning was completely distorted.

• Members

Originally posted by potaetoes

it's an ancient semitic story, actually. the characters are symbolic. adam (mankind), eve (life), abel (pastoralists = the semites), cain (agriculturalists)... basically it's their story about how these people came in and started killing them for their land. they couldn't figure out why anyone would want to work that hard, so they figured it must have been some sort of punishment or curse for taking it upon themselves to decide who/what lives and dies.

it actually did happen, just not at all in a literal sense. the story was appropriated by the agriculturalist people, who naturally couldn't see themselves as the bad guy, and the meaning was completely distorted.

Did you ever wonder why nothing was said about Dinasours in the Bible? I mean they did exist?

• Members

Every person who has ever sent themselves on a quest to prove that jesus christ wasn't a living god became a christian....... there is just scientifically more evidence and so many sitings/witnesses that even if we try to talk "logically" about it you just can't turn it down. I read a statistic of something like if you were thrown out of a plane with a blindfold on over texas with quarters up to your knees......... there would be one painted quarter and that would be the probablility that all the prophets and forseers of jesus christ did what they did at that specific time by consiquence. obviously im a christian just to add.

Archived