Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christ lived many years in Kashmir before he passed ( gravesite here: http://www.tombofjesus.com/home.htm ) and who the hell knows if Paul ever had more then a basic clue as to what he should hev been paying attention to...

Thanks for the very interesting site!

Chuck
    CHAO AB ORDO

Comment

• Originally posted by chuckgp

Should I take a Darvon or Flexeril chill pill?

Only literalists need pity, oh great generalizer.

Not 'all other persons' Nor is it 'Those of us who choose to believe/worship differently from you"

You're being ridiculous.

Again, things are not what they appear.

I 'think for myself, and watch the (literalist) walls become sand beneath my feet'.

It's up to you to prove it. I'm not claiming that my savior is the only true one, the only one to do all those miracles literally.

With all these 'over 100 non-Christian references' we keep on hearing about, this
      'commonly accepted among scholars' belief that he existed.
      It should be easy for you.

No one's posted a damn thing to PROVE it yet. Not one excerpt from anywhere, I'd think you could find at least a few??

Oh, I forgot, the bible is true because it says in the bible that its true, right?

There is no one true, correct way for everyone, but there are a few wrong ones.

Chuck

I honestly have no idea what you are talking about.

Comment

• It's variousley coverd but:

Jesus Lived In India by Holger Kirsten, is apt.

A more Cayce'essqe tome would be:

The Aquarian Gospel of Jesus the Christ, by Levi H. Doweling (De Vorss)

Comment

• I was born and raised Catholic. Went to Catholic school....was an altar boy...(never molested)

I believe in a God..of my understanding.

I despise religion.

Comment

• my poor wife was subjected to catholic school her whole life. what torture that must of been. she has since joined me on the dark side.

woooo haaaa hahahahaha!!!!
            bernie rico jr hesperian 727
            ibanez rg 7421
            gibson les paul studio
            gibson les paul special
            jackson usa select kv2
            esp standard series viper

Snax-fx ultra
            mesa boogie 2:ninety simul-class
            mesa / boogie 2 channel dual rectifier
            mesa / boogie rectifier oversized 4x12
            emperor oversized 4x12 - incoming

the sheltering sky https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-S...02594896481988

Comment

• Do you know anything about the Stoning of Stephen? Resurrected Christ did NOT meet Paul days after the Cruxifiction.
              For years, Saul was so violently anti Christian that he personally stoned and condemned Christians, that is of course...before his 'revelation.'
              Apparently, Christ was able to extract the Jew out of him that was responsible for persecuting Christians in Israel. Christ redeemed him in a blinding light on the Road to Damascus, thusly the incredulous Saul seized his divining moment; he became Paul, superman of Christianity.
              The message of Christ has thusly been Paul's ever since...
              Pretty neat, eh...?
              Christ said 'sin no more' to Paul's 'sin and dump it all on Christ, the Great Redeemer.'

Originally posted by Robman2
              Jesus was the master of his time, he revealed Knowledge or Gnosis to his students.

He did survive the crucfixion, met Saul afterwards for a few days, taught him, then proceeded to his final destination in Kashmir.

Saul, like so many new students, permutated his own sensibilities into a PR campaign for his fervor, and justifiable zeal...he did however, create a religion, along with Peter and these two sects, were dismissed by those who did follow Christ's exact teaching, that the Kingdom of heaven is within.

Thes folks were ostracized by Paul and decided to move to the orient, creating the very first schism in the fledgling groups of Christ's followers.

Christ lived many years in Kashmir before he passed ( gravesite here: http://www.tombofjesus.com/home.htm ) and who the hell knows if Paul ever had more then a basic clue as to what he should hev been paying attention to...

Comment

• "It's variousley coverd but":Jesus Lived In India by Holger Kirsten, is apt. (START HERE)

Once you've referenced this timeline then we can have a discussion...

"Christ redeemed him in a blinding light on the Road to Damascus"

Crist didn't redeem squat, he revealed what is immutable and infinite, Saul redeemed his own being by becomming a student, Christ did provide the bridge to that Grace...

First tenet of Gnosis: Eternal Light or as you say blinding, because in order to immerese in that, one has to have their eyes closed, in sense becoming blind...

Second Tenet: Unstruck sound or OM

Third: Logos or Holy Breath, Name of God, Word etc

Fourth tenet: Living Water, Manna, Bread of Heaven, Ambrosia, Nectar etc...the human is saline, and this experience is actually tasted physically on ones own pallat...

"thusly the incredulous Saul seized his divining moment; he became Paul, superman of Christianity"

Debatable hyperbole... giving laud to a student whose tenure has created a massive misunderstood legacy, one driving folks of faith, into further self justified darkness..not that Paul was all wrong, but historicity points out the obvious later followers who missed the message totally...

W comes to mind, Billy Grham, Paul Crouch...the good thing is, there is always a living master to bail us mortals out...but unless we redeem our selves and seek that...then it's all for naught.

This thread should really be in the Politics forum BTW but so many believers feel it's more important to hold fast and testify, that they over ride decorum and plant themselves for the furtherence of their beliefs and faith...

So be it.

R

Comment

• Originally posted by Robman2
                  "It's variousley coverd but":Jesus Lived In India by Holger Kirsten, is apt. (START HERE)

Once you've referenced this timeline then we can have a discussion...

"Christ redeemed him in a blinding light on the Road to Damascus"

Crist didn't redeem squat, he revealed what is immutable and infinite, Saul redeemed his own being by becomming a student, Christ did provide the bridge to that Grace...

First tenet of Gnosis: Eternal Light or as you say blinding, because in order to immerese in that, one has to have their eyes closed, in sense becoming blind...

Second Tenet: Unstruck sound or OM

Third: Logos or Holy Breath, Name of God, Word etc

Fourth tenet: Living Water, Manna, Bread of Heaven, Ambrosia, Nectar etc...the human is saline, and this experience is actually tasted physically on ones own pallat...

"thusly the incredulous Saul seized his divining moment; he became Paul, superman of Christianity"

Debatable hyperbole... giving laud to a student whose tenure has created a massive misunderstood legacy, one driving folks of faith, into further self justified darkness..not that Paul was all wrong, but historicity points out the obvious later followers who missed the message totally...

W comes to mind, Billy Grham, Paul Crouch...the good thing is, there is always a living master to bail us mortals out...but unless we redeem our selves and seek that...then it's all for naught.

This thread should really be in the Politics forum BTW but so many believers feel it's more important to hold fast and testify, that they over ride decorum and plant themselves for the furtherence of their beliefs and faith...

So be it.

R

You're close, in many ways.

Paul was, to be specific, an Initiate, and his epistles are addressed to fellow Initiates, not to general congregations of "believers" or the generic faithful followers. Ergo, it is the subsequent generations of "mainstream Christians" (thank you, Constantine ) -- who've been taught *nothing* about Initiation, the Wisdom traditions, or the inner teachings Jesus speaks of in the Gospels -- who cannot help but misinterpret Paul (let alone Christ Himself) according to their own mundane and profane (i.e., materialistic, as opposed to sacred/spiritual) "understanding" (or lack thereof).

In other words, it ain't Paul's fault modern folks have warped and misunderstood his writings.

And Jesus never lived in India in His mortal incarnation. He didn't have to. There's nothing in his teachings that does not have deep roots in the ancient Hebraic Wisdom (i.e., Mystery) tradition.

But you're very, very close, as I said . . .

Chris
                  Originally Posted by nightflameauto

You'd think the guy that argues faith as logic would let us all believe in the unicorn.

Originally Posted by draelyc

None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here posting to you. You're locked up in here posting to me.

Originally Posted by LoopQuantum

I'm helping you, for the future. This way, instead of humping life's doorknobs, you'll perhaps someday open one.

Originally Posted by nightflameauto

Hardvalve is like Nelo without the class or intelligence.
                  Think about that and try not to get an aneurysm from it.

BLOG!
                  TUNES!

Comment

• Originally posted by tlester

Just like someone else said above... Go and try to disprove the Bible. Major figures who have, including Darwin, became a beliver (saved) after this test.

-Tom

If I have to go to the trouble of actively trying to disprove it, then I would be doubting my own belief that there is no God. Just as you do not have to prove that God exists, neither do I have to prove that he does not. I believe that he does not, and you believe that he does.
                    Guitar '98 Godin SD [SD Custom Custom @ bridge] / '98 Gordon-Smith GS1 Doublecut >> Vox AC15CC1

Norman B-20

Bass 2005 Warwick Corvette Std Active (Ash) >> SWR Workingman's 10

Comment

• Jesus travelled the then known world, in between his 12 years of age discourse, he did college in Heliopolis Egypt, thatn taught in Greece, Persia, India, Tibet, China, and various other places...

He was supported by his benefactors, wealthy folks and his extended family, his dad was not a schlubb carpenter, he was a contractor and well off.

So he did indeed understand where Kashmir would be geographically.

His personification, enlightenment was complete long before he was arrested and hung so emanations of divinity would not have been at all diminished or supercharged after that ordeal.

One's inner being, or Grace is immutable and unable to be created or destroyed, his and ours.

Kirtsen maintains that he was drugged, when they gave him the "vinegar and water", so that he would slow metabolically enough to be assume dead, the drug was Somas...

They then got him down before sunset, otherwise, he would have been there through the Sabbath and surely would have passed.

It's a point of the archeological versus the cryptic written texts at this juncture.

Not unlike the debate about Ramses The Great being alive a few hundred years removed from Moses.

I suggest reading Kirsten's book, it's like CSI for Jesus folks.

Rob

Comment

• Originally posted by pennypusher
                        Confucius, roughly 400 years before the supposed birth of Jesus:

"Do not to others what you do not want done to yourself"

I think the teachings of Jesus as they are presented in the New Testament represent the absolute highest principles of human nature, but these moral principles existed in "heathen" cultures long before Jesus' time.

So... Catholisism is a better marketing group, what's your point..
                        Mesa Mark III Coliseum Simulclass Head
                        Mesa Single Rectifier
                        Marshall JCM800 2203 (1984)
                        Ampeg VT-60 Tri-Ax 1x12 Combo
                        Fender BF Vibro-Champ
                        Pignose (batter powered, All real musicans own one of these)

Comment

• Originally posted by draelyc

Yes.

Don't forget Vishnu, Zoroaster, Lao Tsu, et al. ....

Great site!

You forgot...

Come get an asswhooping you non-beleivers...
                          Mesa Mark III Coliseum Simulclass Head
                          Mesa Single Rectifier
                          Marshall JCM800 2203 (1984)
                          Ampeg VT-60 Tri-Ax 1x12 Combo
                          Fender BF Vibro-Champ
                          Pignose (batter powered, All real musicans own one of these)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mesaholic

I honestly have no idea what you are talking about.

Thanks man. There for a minute I thought I was losing it.

You have made incredible progress on your first day, grasshopper.
                            I am hopeful for you.
                            Rest up.

Chuck
                            CHAO AB ORDO

Comment

• i believe you should just keep it to yourself

Originally posted by -=MYK=-
                              But I don't believe in God.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lambros
                                Bump...

well, that was kind of it, (Paul 'selling' Jesus' words...) but, when you start marketing, ****************, look what it's done to OZZY!!!
                                Originally posted by buddastrat
                                Yngwie wanks a lot, but so does every single guitar player alive.

Comment

Working...
                                X