No announcement yet.

I believe and support a lot of the teachings of Jesus

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chuckgp

You misunderstand faith and God in general if you think the only way to believe is to take the New Testament literally.

Only your interpretation is the correct one?
    Sorry, that's BULL****************! Also quite UN-original.

Literal belief came after the fact, if there were any facts to it all.

I was not there, and also was not there for any of the other Messiah-type mythologies' beginnings. I don't take those literally either.

I'm against that belief-structure, not the people suffering from it.

They deserve mercy. They have my pity. They are adult children.

Chuck

Dude, take a chill pill. Where did I say that I think the only way to believe is to take the NT literally? Where did I say only my interpretation is the correct one? To the contrary, the vehemence of your opinions appears to me as you believe your views are the only true and correct way and all other persons are to be "pitied".

I think many of Jesus' teachings can be taken literally. Can you prove to me empirically that he did not say the things that were attributed to him?

Feel sorry for yourself. Those of us who choose to believe/worship differently from you don't need your pity or your condescending attitude.

Comment

• Bump...

Originally posted by Lambros
      I think he meant to say that Paul pretty much superimposed his version of Christ's teachings and philosophy to the point where Jesus and Paul are inseparable.
      Paul is responsible for Christianity as we know it.

Comment

• Originally posted by pennypusher
        Confucius, roughly 400 years before the supposed birth of Jesus:

"Do not to others what you do not want done to yourself"

I think the teachings of Jesus as they are presented in the New Testament represent the absolute highest principles of human nature, but these moral principles existed in "heathen" cultures long before Jesus' time.

All the great Teachers and Guides that have been sent to the human race throughout history have brought the same Teaching, the same Wisdom, clothed in whatever particular form and package was appropriate and receivable in the particular time and place in which the particular Teacher appeared. It's that consistency, not some supposed "originality" or "uniqueness," that ought to be the measure of any particular teacher's validity . . .
        Originally Posted by nightflameauto

You'd think the guy that argues faith as logic would let us all believe in the unicorn.

Originally Posted by draelyc

None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here posting to you. You're locked up in here posting to me.

Originally Posted by LoopQuantum

I'm helping you, for the future. This way, instead of humping life's doorknobs, you'll perhaps someday open one.

Hardvalve is like Nelo without the class or intelligence.
        Think about that and try not to get an aneurysm from it.

BLOG!
        TUNES!

Comment

• Originally posted by Roccaforte Amps

Which God is scientific fact, Budda, Mohamed,Ala, Jahova, Jesus??????? Who?

Yes.

Don't forget Vishnu, Zoroaster, Lao Tsu, et al. ....

http://www.religioustolerance.org/worldrel.htm

Great site!

You'd think the guy that argues faith as logic would let us all believe in the unicorn.

None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here posting to you. You're locked up in here posting to me.

I'm helping you, for the future. This way, instead of humping life's doorknobs, you'll perhaps someday open one.

BLOG!
          TUNES!

Comment

• Originally posted by draelyc

Yes.

Don't forget Vishnu, Zoroaster, Lao Tsu, et al. ....

Great site!

Or the "creator" for us Native Folk! he he
            Good transactions with: Brewski, gtpfbod, Xenoanthropus, wassupg,NickCormier, Ben J , Skyhighrocks, JonathanD, gooman, UVguy, Rho, Erocku, warplanegrey, exilea, Jerryp, Mogwai, thefyn, guitarslinger, Mr Scary, madrigal77,Dark Aegis, a few others that have slipped my mind.

FS: Mesa Dual Rec - SOLD! To the man with the big green shoes!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucius

Good call! No offense intended!

BLOG!
              TUNES!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucius

And don't forget Ruby tubes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roccaforte Amps

You guys are great!LOL

I'm my higher power, will always be.

Actually, that's the core Mystery of all the ancient Teachings!

BLOG!
                  TUNES!

Comment

• Paul took Christ's practical philosophy. one that would be on equal footing with Confucius's, Socrates, Plato's, etc., and turned it into the dogma (religion) we know today.
                    Christ in no way, shape or form conceived salvationism: that's 100% Pauline Christianity. Christians who wish to jump all over me for say that, don't waste your time, instead use that energy to really learn about the roots of Saul and how he used the Roman Empire to hatch his concept of salvationism. Paul is the reason why Christianity exists.

Comment

• Originally posted by -=MYK=-
                      But I don't believe in God.

Brilliant.
                      Fender American Stratocasters, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Martin Acoustic
                      Marshall JTM45 Custom 1x12 Combo
                      Marshall 2203x Head
                      Hermida Ported 2x12, Avatar 2x12
                      All kinds of pedals

Comment

• Originally posted by Lambros
                        Paul took Christ's practical philosophy. one that would be on equal footing with Confucius's, Socrates, Plato's, etc., and turned it into the dogma (religion) we know today.
                        Christ in no way, shape or form conceived salvationism: that's 100% Pauline Christianity. Christians who wish to jump all over me for say that, don't waste your time, instead use that energy to really learn about the roots of Saul and how he used the Roman Empire to hatch his concept of salvationism. Paul is the reason why Christianity exists.

Saul or Paul? I'm confused

Comment

• They are one and the same person. Don't wish to be pendantic if you already know but in case you don't, Saul changed his name to Paul...Road to Damascus...right?

Originally posted by Riverdragon

Comment

• Originally posted by Riverdragon

One in the same.
                            Fender American Stratocasters, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Martin Acoustic
                            Marshall JTM45 Custom 1x12 Combo
                            Marshall 2203x Head
                            Hermida Ported 2x12, Avatar 2x12
                            All kinds of pedals

Comment

• Jesus was the master of his time, he revealed Knowledge or Gnosis to his students.

He did survive the crucfixion, met Saul afterwards for a few days, taught him, then proceeded to his final destination in Kashmir.

Saul, like so many new students, permutated his own sensibilities into a PR campaign for his fervor, and justifiable zeal...he did however, create a religion, along with Peter and these two sects, were dismissed by those who did follow Christ's exact teaching, that the Kingdom of heaven is within.

Thes folks were ostracized by Paul and decided to move to the orient, creating the very first schism in the fledgling groups of Christ's followers.

Christ lived many years in Kashmir before he passed ( gravesite here: http://www.tombofjesus.com/home.htm ) and who the hell knows if Paul ever had more then a basic clue as to what he should hev been paying attention to...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mesaholic

Dude, take a chill pill. Where did I say that I think the only way to believe is to take the NT literally? Where did I say only my interpretation is the correct one? To the contrary, the vehemence of your opinions appears to me as you believe your views are the only true and correct way and all other persons are to be "pitied".

I think many of Jesus' teachings can be taken literally. Can you prove to me empirically that he did not say the things that were attributed to him?

Feel sorry for yourself. Those of us who choose to believe/worship differently from you don't need your pity or your condescending attitude.

Should I take a Darvon or Flexeril chill pill?

Only literalists need pity, oh great generalizer.

Not 'all other persons' Nor is it 'Those of us who choose to believe/worship differently from you"

You're being ridiculous.

Again, things are not what they appear.

I 'think for myself, and watch the (literalist) walls become sand beneath my feet'.

It's up to you to prove it. I'm not claiming that my savior is the only true one, the only one to do all those miracles literally.

With all these 'over 100 non-Christian references' we keep on hearing about, this
                                'commonly accepted among scholars' belief that he existed.
                                It should be easy for you.

No one's posted a damn thing to PROVE it yet. Not one excerpt from anywhere, I'd think you could find at least a few??

Oh, I forgot, the bible is true because it says in the bible that its true, right?

There is no one true, correct way for everyone, but there are a few wrong ones.

Chuck
                                CHAO AB ORDO

Comment

Working...
                                X