Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I believe and support a lot of the teachings of Jesus

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse









X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Believing in God has nothing to do with believing the Bible, kids.

    Chuck
    CHAO AB ORDO

    Comment


    • #62
      yep.... that's what got me reading deeper. And still to this day I find stuff all the time. Especially when you start putting the georphay from the Bible to todays geography. You begin to realize that the termoil that was talked about in the Bible is still happening in the same places today. Then theres the scientific evidence that keeps popping up. Like that we all have DNA that spawns from a single female.

      As for the statement above about not taking ownership of your actions. The Bible is all about taking ownership of our actions. That's precisely why Jeus had to come and die for our sins. WE ARE ROYAL SCREW UPS! We have free will to screw up and we do... often. We are the only one to blame for that.

      God, however, is perfect. He cannot accept sin into his presence. That's why Jesus was crucified. He died for our sins. He now "vouches" for us in front of the Father (God).

      It's kind of like a bouncer at a club. If you just show up uninvited, you'll be turned away. However.... if you show up with the owner's son and he says, "It's cool.... he's with me". You'll get in. That's what a relationship with Jesus Christ is about.

      -Tom
      http://SpeakRecords.COM
      http://thomaslesterphotography.com
      Get "The Jesus Rock Show"

      Comment


      • #63
        It's kind of like a bouncer at a club. If you just show up uninvited, you'll be turned away. However.... if you show up with the owner's son and he says, "It's cool.... he's with me". You'll get in. That's what a relationship with Jesus Christ is about.


        hahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

        Watch out for that bouncer!!
        haha!!

        Chuck
        CHAO AB ORDO

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by chuckgp
          Believing in God has nothing to do with believing the Bible, kids.

          Chuck


          You are kind of right. You can beleive in God without beleiving the Bible. But, the Bible is the word of God. It's how he communicates with us. So, you can't really have a relationship with God without beleiving the Bible. It's his words to us... how He communicates to us. Just like you can't have a meaningful relationship with a person withought getting to know that person.
          http://SpeakRecords.COM
          http://thomaslesterphotography.com
          Get "The Jesus Rock Show"

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by tlester


            You are kind of right. You can beleive in God without beleiving the Bible. But, the Bible is the word of God. It's how he communicates with us. So, you can't really have a relationship with God without beleiving the Bible. It's his words to us... how He communicates to us. Just like you can't have a meaningful relationship with a person withought getting to know that person.


            God is not words, not in books, but within us.

            Look within. The only reason to read a book to know God is because you are deaf to the Christ within you.

            I'm sorry.

            Chuck
            CHAO AB ORDO

            Comment


            • #66
              i belive in jesus,god and the holy spirit. and i believe all that the bible has to say. if you dont then thats your choice to make. i am a christian and in not ashamed.

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by zao
                i belive in jesus,god and the holy spirit. and i believe all that the bible has to say. if you dont then thats your choice to make. i am a christian and in not ashamed.


                My condolences.

                Chuck
                CHAO AB ORDO

                Comment


                • #68
                  So much for all this 'undeniable scientific proof'

                  Same bull**************** as it ever was.
                  CHAO AB ORDO

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by chuckgp
                    Same bull**************** as it ever was.


                    Insert David Byrne arm thingie here!

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by BerkleeBill


                      Insert David Byrne arm thingie here!


                      chop, chop, chop

                      'everything is changing into something else
                      nothing is wrong, nothing is wrong
                      everything is on track-ack-ack-ack-ack'
                      -Terrence McKenna, RIP
                      (oops sorry...new Shpongle!)

                      I love scientific facts, too bad we don't have any here.
                      CHAO AB ORDO

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Are you Shpongled?

                        When shall I be free?
                        When I shall cease to be.
                        No more 'I', but we,
                        in perfect harmony

                        Gnostic muthas.

                        Chuck
                        CHAO AB ORDO

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Another great thread by MYK Please take this **************** to OPEN JAM.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by AmpliFIRE
                            Another great thread by MYK Please take this **************** to OPEN JAM.


                            No worry my LP buddy!

                            As usual the spineless grow silent as jelly

                            the thread dies the true death.

                            McNaught, eh? Got any for sale??

                            Chuck
                            CHAO AB ORDO

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by chuckgp


                              No worry my LP buddy!

                              As usual the spineless grow silent as jelly

                              the thread dies the true death.

                              McNaught, eh? Got any for sale??

                              Chuck


                              LOL...NEVER!!!!!! I'm not sure if you saw mine, but here's a pic to wet your appetite:

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                VERY nice!! Maybe that swap for my Hotplate will work???
                                CHAO AB ORDO

                                Comment



                                Working...
                                X