Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by keith335
    being a christian is all about having a personal relationship with the person of Jesus Christ. I've been saved since Jan. 17, 1989. I had used some form of drug from pot to heroin/cocain for years. The night I got saved I stopped using cold turkey, went to college etc. etc. God really changed my life.

wow, so you guys used to hang out or something?

Comment

Originally posted by gethsemane
      then what does 'moral' mean?

It means ........don't have the personality of a politician.
      i have come to the conclusion that he is some form of god. no mere mortal has that many guitars/pedals/amp/anything. "It boggles my mind. His collection is the most glorious and true expression of GAS.To each his own though. Amazing collection of beauties. It takes some seriously messed up OCD to compile a collection like that.I hate BBreaker. Damn, I hate him.Suck it.We learned that bbreaker is some sort of god. A god of whine.fk this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Pepi

Yeah, just like Adam and Eve, come on, this is BS. IMO this never happened but it is a good example of how we should/may believe. Noah was another one I have a hard time believing in ... but it is a good example of the way we should/may believe in. I'm on my sixth glass....

What's so hard to believe about the story of Noah and his boat?

IMO, to get the most out of the bible you can't take things so literal. Stop just watching the damn TV screen, and think about what it's really trying to tell you!

Comment

This thread made me fart...
          really loud and smelly...
          If you don't add context and explain your opinion, your opinion is meaningless. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveVHT
            This thread made me fart...
            really loud and smelly...

k

Comment

Yeah, just like Adam and Eve, come on, this is BS. IMO this never happened but it is a good example of how we should/may believe. Noah was another one I have a hard time believing in ... but it is a good example of the way we should/may believe in. I'm on my sixth glass....

it's an ancient semitic story, actually. the characters are symbolic. adam (mankind), eve (life), abel (pastoralists = the semites), cain (agriculturalists)... basically it's their story about how these people came in and started killing them for their land. they couldn't figure out why anyone would want to work that hard, so they figured it must have been some sort of punishment or curse for taking it upon themselves to decide who/what lives and dies.

it actually did happen, just not at all in a literal sense. the story was appropriated by the agriculturalist people, who naturally couldn't see themselves as the bad guy, and the meaning was completely distorted.

Comment

Originally posted by potaetoes

it's an ancient semitic story, actually. the characters are symbolic. adam (mankind), eve (life), abel (pastoralists = the semites), cain (agriculturalists)... basically it's their story about how these people came in and started killing them for their land. they couldn't figure out why anyone would want to work that hard, so they figured it must have been some sort of punishment or curse for taking it upon themselves to decide who/what lives and dies.

it actually did happen, just not at all in a literal sense. the story was appropriated by the agriculturalist people, who naturally couldn't see themselves as the bad guy, and the meaning was completely distorted.

Did you ever wonder why nothing was said about Dinasours in the Bible? I mean they did exist?
                MFPOMFS

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪ ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪♫♪

Comment

Did you ever wonder why nothing was said about Dinasours in the Bible? I mean they did exist?

Comment

Every person who has ever sent themselves on a quest to prove that jesus christ wasn't a living god became a christian....... there is just scientifically more evidence and so many sitings/witnesses that even if we try to talk "logically" about it you just can't turn it down. I read a statistic of something like if you were thrown out of a plane with a blindfold on over texas with quarters up to your knees......... there would be one painted quarter and that would be the probablility that all the prophets and forseers of jesus christ did what they did at that specific time by consiquence. obviously im a christian just to add.
                    Peavey 5150 combo
                    Boss Mt-2 (never use)
                    digitec rp300 (never use)
                    radioshack mic amp (hate it)
                    epiphone with jb and jazz

Comment

Originally posted by -=MYK=-

That is cool, where did you get that?
                      MFPOMFS

Comment

That is cool, where did you get that?

I photo-copied it out of the bible

Comment

I photo-copied it out of the bible

I guess I don't know ****************
                          MFPOMFS

Comment

But I don't believe in God.

How can you not believe in Lemmy?

"Trick Question....Lemmy is God"- Airheads
                            Good Transactions: JKD, theGhost, cobrahead1030, kage, Romanian Reaper, MidusGT, Dropthisd, Kank_39

Comment

Personally, I believe that Jesus Christ is the living Son of the living God

Comment

Originally posted by crwnedblasphemy

How can you not believe in Lemmy?

"Trick Question....Lemmy is God"- Airheads

You totally botched that joke, but you get an A for effort

Comment

Working...
                                X