Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I believe and support a lot of the teachings of Jesus

But I don't believe in God.

+1.

Of course, there's perhaps a question about whether they were REALLY the teachings of Jesus or stuff cooked up by the marketing machine that became the Church in the first few hundred years...
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="2"><div class="bbcode_container">
    <div class="bbcode_quote">
    <div class="quote_container">
    <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

<i>Originally posted by buddastrat </i><br />
    <b>Yngwie wanks a lot, but so does every single guitar player alive. </b>

</div>
    </div>
    </div> </font> <br />
    </div>

Comment

being a christian is all about having a personal relationship with the person of Jesus Christ. I've been saved since Jan. 17, 1989. I had used some form of drug from pot to heroin/cocain for years. The night I got saved I stopped using cold turkey, went to college etc. etc. God really changed my life.

Comment

I don't think it was all a big sham. There's some stuff in the book that could have been *edited* or *revised* by the church, but there is some stuff in there that one could really learn from.

IMO, Jesus was just some smart dude that looked at people and thought about how humans are, and he said "whoa, wait...here's what we should try to do if we want to live good lives, and here's some stories/teachings that you should keep in mind if you ever run into any problems."

IS that really so far fetched?

Comment

Originally posted by -=MYK=-
          I don't think it was all a big sham. There's some stuff in the book that could have been *edited* or *revised* by the church, but there is some stuff in there that one could really learn from.

IMO, Jesus was just some smart dude that looked at people and thought about how humans are, and he said "whoa, wait...here's what we should try to do if we want to live good lives, and here's some stories/teachings that you should keep in mind if you ever run into any problems."

IS that really so far fetched?

MYK:

This is what it is all about ... WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN. Myself, I believe in a creator. Somebody has been with my sorry ass for many years. I've been protected by something. This **************** about us being made from amino acid just doesn't get it for me. We all need something to believe in
          <div class="signaturecontainer"><b><font size="5"><div align="center">MFPOMFS</div></font></b><br />
          <br />
          ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫ ♪♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪♫♪</div>

Comment

I believe I'll have another beer.
            <div class="signaturecontainer">__________________<br />
            The Period. Songs and Videos:<br />
            <a href="http://www.ThePeriodBand.com" target="_blank">ThePeriodBand.com</a></div>

Comment

Originally posted by Chad-Chicago
              I believe I'll have another beer.

Fifhtyse galsss of winee fer meeeee
              <div class="signaturecontainer"><b><font size="5"><div align="center">MFPOMFS</div></font></b><br />
              <br />

Comment

Pepi, you gots it wit yer post!

Comment

Originally posted by AcidRock23
                  +1.

Of course, there's perhaps a question about whether they were REALLY the teachings of Jesus or stuff cooked up by the marketing machine that became the Church in the first few hundred years...

hence the name acidrock
                  <div class="signaturecontainer">i have come to the conclusion that he is some form of god. no mere mortal has that many guitars/pedals/amp/anything. &quot;It boggles my mind. His collection is the most glorious and true expression of GAS.To each his own though. Amazing collection of beauties. It takes some seriously messed up OCD to compile a collection like that.I hate BBreaker. Damn, I hate him.Suck it.We learned that bbreaker is some sort of god. A god of whine.fk this guy.<br />
                  __________________</div>

Comment

I'm somewhat disenchanted with any form of organized religon. I just don't get it. There is nothing I hate more than people telling me how to live my life from what they believe in their Religon. They become fanactics for the most part. It always blows my mind how these people hate gays so much and won't let them get married as if they believe god's love's everyone except for the people who's life styles they don't agree with. I say let them suffer getting married just like the rest of us. END OF RANT

Comment

then what does 'moral' mean?

Comment

I'm sick of it too, I hate people trying to shove everything that they think is *right* down my throat, but I try to listen anyways, because there just might be something in what their saying that could be *right* for me as well.

Comment

I think he meant to say that Paul pretty much superimposed his version of Christ's teachings and philosophy to the point where Jesus and Paul are inseparable.
                          Paul is responsible for Christianity as we know it.

Originally posted by Bbreaker

hence the name acidrock

Comment

Originally posted by gethsemane
                            then what does 'moral' mean?

There is only one rule of thumb or religon that I live by, and that's to do unto other's as you would like done unto you. If more people thought that way the world would be a really decent place.

Comment

Originally posted by -=MYK=-
                              Pepi, you gots it wit yer post!

Yeah, just like Adam and Eve, come on, this is BS. IMO this never happened but it is a good example of how we should/may believe. Noah was another one I have a hard time believing in ... but it is a good example of the way we should/may believe in. I'm on my sixth glass....
                              <br />

Comment

Working...
                              X