Diezel Einstein Is In Da House!!!!!

Alex Flouros

• Members

:D :D :D :D

i'm a happy man..can't you tell???:D

the Einstein arrived about 20 mins ago...

of course i tore everything up and plugged it in immediatelly..:D

i can't begin to tell you how wonderful this amp is...

god..i missed that screaming top end and that smooth and full of sustain tone...

anyway..ranting..:D

a full reveiw with the clips and everything will follow once i get to play this a bit more...

but by first impressions its even better than i remembered it from the Messe...

-channel 1..mode 1.. clean

just excellent..best i've heared from a Diezel...sparkly,bright and punchy...

-channel 1..mode 2...crunch

i'm not a really big fan of crunch channels..usually they tend to be very weak sounding to me...

i usually get my crunch tones by lowering a heavy drive channel...

but this one is sure a big surprize...it comes directly to the tone i would like by lowering the gain usually..and its punchy as hell..excellent...

-channel 1..mode 3..Drive

well this is actually the trademark Diezel tone that makes him so special..

the truth is that i remembered this a bit more soft..but as Olaf told me Pete tweaked this a bit now..and this comes to the trademark tone of the VH4's 3rd channel...and this is my dream rhythm tone...and the reason i had 2 VH4s in the past...

huge bottom,bite, and in one word...BALLS!:D

-channel 2...Drive

well this is a huge improvement for Mr Diezel..i always loved all his tones on the VH4 and especially the rhythm ones...also the solo tone of the 4th channel on the VH4...but there was something missing there IMO...and this is way close to my liking..

the tone is slightly more compressed here..that sounds amazingly well for solos..but a little more open than the VH4s 4th channel...also more fat sounding...and thats a big difference...sustain for days..

of course it would do modern rhythms perfectly as well...

so in overall i'm more pleased than i would expect to be...

this amp would cover almost everything for me...

metal tones to classic rock stuff easily...

DO NOT make the mistake and think that because this amp is cheaper it will be a compromize toy...this is the real deal..

and the only thing i see is improvements to the tones on all previous Diezels...

the cost comes down only because of the less features like midi,seperate eqs,inserts etc...

but for me this is the best Diezel yet...

one last thing i forgot to mention is the loop...

it works and sounds amazingly well..

so take care everybody..

i will return with clips and vids soon...;)

gotta go play now...:D

Alex

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Congrats! :cool:

And welcome to the club. Can't wait for your clips.

Nice review, I can agree with everything you said! Although I don't have experience with the VH-4, I preferred the Einstein lead sounds a bit over the Herbert at AF. Crunch Sounds were pretty similar. Of course the Herbert offers more versatility, meaner metal tones and that incredibly huge clean. But the Einstein is sweeter. :)

I think you're correct about the difference between Olaf's prototype and the serial model. Esp. the clean and the third mode have IMO improved on the serial model. Also I have a feeling the second channel sounds better at lower gain settings (under 10 o'clock)?! Maybe Peter can explain better if he comes by.

• Members

It must sound amazing. How much does it cost ? Is the 50 watt version much cheaper ?

I really hope they have some diezels at the yearly music show that happens near me.

CLIPS now please.... you cant just tell us how amazing it is and then make us and then make us wait :p

• Members

It would be really really nice if you make a video like marcseal did playing with the herbert, it was very nice and also very very interesting for that of us who nowadays can't take the chance to play it cause it isn't imported to our citys.

A demostration playing different rythmic riffs, solos and tweaking between the channels and modes would be really nice :)

Enjoy the amp, if it sounds like i think mmmh it can be a great beast :cool:

• Members

Alex,

Congradulations! What a wonderful description you have given on the Einstein!

As you stated, the neighbors are hearing you very well...in my neighborhood!...and they are blaming me for the loud guitar music.

Keep it up, brother!

Stephen

• Members

i remember playing the prototype at tone merchants alongside a guy playing a two rock custom and thinking i really couldn't tell much difference between the two amps clean sounds...that impressed me.

and my buddies billybogner and zachman raved about it at NAMM

....and Peter is such a wonderful guy

• Members

Congrats dude, your post makes me want to get my herbert sounding as good as it can. I really admire your lead playing, and I think i remember one of your guitars having single coils in the neck position and i was wondering if you could help me out...

When im using my SL-1s neck EMG SA single coil, it feels a little bit stiff and weak, but when i boost it with my SD-1, it has that liquidy feel im after. Have you ever had this issue with any of your amps? If so, did you use a boost with it or did you have another way of getting that easy feel from the amp. Is sounds like its not compressing enough, which i guess is understandable for a 180W amp, but even turning it up full blast isnt quite the same. Its not like the amp has no gain either! It might be the EMGs i have, but at the moment im really not sure and i dont like running an expensive amp with a noisy $30 boost pedal!

I think I need to get my herbert retubed and blasting through a decent cab to get the best out of it. The marshall cab i have doesnt like the herberts low end and whereas the herberts frequency output is huge, the marshalls response seems 'smaller', like im missing something off the bottom and top end. When i tried a herbert through the front loaded cab i heard what i wanted to hear from my 1960 cab.

James

• Members

Originally posted by maz_master

Can you tell us some of the features? They don't have a description on the website, just a picture, but it's hard to see the front panel clearly.

:mad:

1. direct link to Einstein :

http://www.diezelamplification.com/diezelhtml/einstein.html

2. Salwender is the US importer - the official site is: www.diezelamplification.com

;):)

Congrats Alex - and as Axel said: welcome to the club :D

Archived