Head w. 3 independent channels

Hömppä-Humppa

• Members

Originally posted by pink freud

will you consider rackmount stuff?

i think that new VHT rackmount preamp would fit the bill nicely.

or maybe a boogie triaxis.

if your'e set on a head, look at mesa boogie stuff, they seem to be the anti-cola of marshalls.

Yes, I have concidered racmount stuff, but for my budget it's too expensive. I'd have to buy power amp too -> too expensive. And I think there would be too many controls for my needs. Because of it's price I'm afraid that VHT stuff is not an option.

• Members

Originally posted by Francesco Medri

if you're lucky and patient, I'm pretty sure you can find a Framus Dragon and a nice 2x12" within your budget... Totally kick ass amp, with 3 independent channels, and will perfectly suit your style...

You guys working together on this one?

• Members

Gmajor has two switching jacks, so you won't have to have midi. If you did need midi, I'd go for an egnater TOL 100 - four channel, all tube head. shared eq on two pairs of channels, but still an awesome amp. Or a JSX, Mesa dual recto 3 channel too. Lots of other options too.

Pete

• Members

You should definately check out the Peavey JSX. It`s a great three channel amp head. Great clean, great crunch and a singing high gain lead channel.

I`m partial to Boogie 2x12 cabs. I think they are great speaker cabs. Super, solid build and fierce tone. You could also check out Bogner, Genz Benz, Carvin(great bang for buck value), Earcandy, Avatar.

Eric

• Members

Originally posted by Stratotone

Gmajor has two switching jacks, so you won't have to have midi. If you did need midi, I'd go for an egnater TOL 100 - four channel, all tube head. shared eq on two pairs of channels, but still an awesome amp. Or a JSX, Mesa dual recto 3 channel too. Lots of other options too.

Pete

G Major only has one switching jack, but two relays. You need a Y cable to make it work to its full potential with the recto.

• Members

Don't get the Mesa Mark IV, channel 1 and 2 share the bass and mid EQ knobs. They're too hard to tweak. I will never sell mine because it took so long to tweak so now I HAVE to keep it.;)

Now for the XXX and JSX suggestions? I dig the JSX... great cleans and great crunch stuff. Any amp with a good clean channel and a great gain channel is versatile in my book. Sometimes versatile is code for lots of gadgets or get a G Major.

• Members

Originally posted by nrarocks

I wouldn't call any of these replies useless. In fact, I think you've gotten some very helpful replies. You need to try some different amps out, because you will not like the same thing as other people.

Of course there's good replies too, but many suggest gear that I IMO have made very clear in my first post I don't want.

One big deal is my budget. I have thought, that I'd raise it and then think again.

Archived