Amp for acoustic and electric

roryfan

• Members
Originally posted by roryfan

Roland microcube appparently has one channel for acoustic and one for electric.

It's a small, portable amp though.

Any full-size amps that do the same?

Searchie no workie? There was just a thread about this a couple days ago. Riv Sedona,I believe.

• Members

Originally posted by roryfan

Roland microcube appparently has one channel for acoustic and one for electric.

It's a small, portable amp though.

Any full-size amps that do the same?

That is not an acoustic channel. It is an acoustic model.

• Members

i've played acoustics thru' tube amps made for electric guitars. it sounds pretty kewl.

however, if you want that "PA" type of amp then keyboard, portable PA, even SS bass amps seem to work well -if you happen to have access to one of those.

in most cases, amps are made for one or the other. this is just my 'findings' and not a rule tho'. so YMMV on that.

if i can't go straight into the PA with my acoustic, i'll use my laney VC30II as an amp and mic it....or use my rocktron voodu valve as the pre-amp into the FX return of the laney.

take your guitar to a local shop and play thru some amps. you may be surprised at what you discover. that's the cool thing about making music...there are no rules. :cool:

• Members
Originally posted by mylzenmylz

i've played acoustics thru' tube amps made for electric guitars. it sounds pretty kewl.

however, if you want that "PA" type of amp then keyboard, portable PA, even SS bass amps seem to work well -if you happen to have access to one of those.

in most cases, amps are made for one or the other. this is just my 'findings' and not a rule tho'. so YMMV on that.

if i can't go straight into the PA with my acoustic, i'll use my laney VC30II as an amp and mic it....or use my rocktron voodu valve as the pre-amp into the FX return of the laney.

take your guitar to a local shop and play thru some amps. you may be surprised at what you discover. that's the cool thing about making music...there are no rules.
:cool:

That's the sort of stuff I want to mess with. Have magnetic pickup on acoustic guitar and like to get both clean acoustic as well as more distorted electric. (though I do realise that it won't sound quite like an acoustic or an electric guitar)

That Sidona looks amazing alright but outside current budget.

Also have some other questions - will post on the Acoustic Guitars forum.

• Members

Originally posted by jazzbo

Acoustic amps are the same as electric amps but they have anti-feedback filters.

Err.. No they're not.

For a while I was using a Carvin AG100D which is kind of a mini-PA combo thing, with a channel especially for acoustic guitars. I had an electric with piezos that I ran into the acousic input of the amp. The regular humbuckers went to a Tonelab SE then into another channel of the amp. That worked pretty well.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived