Why are there no reviews on Krank amps on Harmony central

Kevin Pelletier

• Members

Yes. They are not good amps, especially for the insane asking price. Clean is good, but the Krankenstein I played, I could not find a decent tone in 15 mins of fiddling. Since Dimebag helped design it it's no wonder - he had absolutely terrible tone.

• Members

Originally posted by Kevin Pelletier

HHHMMMM... Thats very very interesting.... Anybody out there played one?

They sound awesome, buy a Krankenstein full stack and run two metalzones in the effects loop with the gain maxed out. Put your mids on 0 and your highs / lows both on 10 - instant brewtal g4in. Afterall... hundreds of metal musicians are using them so they have to be awesome!

• Members

Thats the best sarcasum i have heard all week

Here's my realistic review...

RW100 - Very disappointing, doesn't cut well in a band situation and is a feedback machine

Krankenstein - Much better than the RW100 but still pretty average, worth nowhere near $1700.

Krank amps are very similar to the Marshall Mode Four... It is all hype.

• Members

HHHMMMM... Thats very very interesting.... Anybody out there played one?

My band's other guitarist and I finally tried out a Krankenstein last week. I went in with doubts due to this forum and he went in with hopes since he frequents the Andy Sneap forums.

We both left completely baffled that so many of our favorite guitar players are now Krank users. I mean, Krank isn't the only company giving out sweet endorsement deals, and we couldn't find one even slightly decent sound in that amp. Even the store owner described the Krank as sounding like a "bad solidstate distortion".

I usually don't like to bad mouth equipment, but damn that amp sounded horrid. Maybe there's a secret, no-suck switch on the inside activated only for endorsees.

• Members

Originally posted by Bloodjinn

My band's other guitarist and I finally tried out a Krankenstein last week. I went in with doubts due to this forum and he went in with hopes since he frequents the Andy Sneap forums.

We both left completely baffled that so many of our favorite guitar players are now Krank users. I mean, Krank isn't the only company giving out sweet endorsement deals, and we couldn't find one even slightly decent sound in that amp. Even the store owner described the Krank as sounding like a "bad solidstate distortion".

I usually don't like to bad mouth equipment, but damn that amp sounded horrid. Maybe there's a secret, no-suck switch on the inside activated only for endorsees.

Tony Krank made his living modding Sovtek amps for years. I bet you the endorsees get the special circuit while the general public gets the mass-produced {censored} from China.

• Members

Originally posted by ColorsoundKid

Tony Krank made his living modding Sovtek amps for years. I bet you the endorsees get the special circuit while the general public gets the mass-produced {censored} from China.

Aha. That doesn't sound so far fetched. Soilwork sounded pretty damn amazing with their Krankensteins when they came through NC.

The one I played sounded like a Metal Zone into a solid state power amp.

• Members

I'm curious as to how much of the krank bashing is sheep following; yes their marketing department make a bad choice, but they are heavily advertised, and i don't see why everytime someone brings them up they get a bashing.....

Once I've heard one, i'll comment, without the bias of previous business practices.

• Members

With the whole massive Ad campaign and list of pro endorsee's where the hell are all of the Krank owner's?????? I mean it's odd that with thesaturated advertising and such that there seem's to be hardly anyone here that own's one or has even played one as of yet and they have a bunch of dealer's to boot???????????????????????:confused: I just don't get it.

Derek:cool:

• Members

Originally posted by TheDarxide

I'm curious as to how much of the krank bashing is sheep following; yes their marketing department make a bad choice, but they are heavily advertised, and i don't see why everytime someone brings them up they get a bashing.....

Once I've heard one, i'll comment, without the bias of previous business practices.

Maybe the entire amp is marketing hype and 'sheep following' of a different nature? All I know is, if people who I respect on this forum say an amp is {censored}, I'm going to give that a hell of a lot more weight than how many endorsers they have.

Pete

Archived