No announcement yet.

Fender, Marshall or Line6

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrassMonkey
    I'll have to go with Fender. I can get some Marshall type tones out of a Fender, but can't get Fender type tones out of a Marshall.

And just for the record, I own both.

Get a modern marshall that has two channels (clean/dirty) and put a compressor in front.

Not quite Fender, but close.

I use to do the two amp thing. I had a JCM 800 for overdrive, and a 80s Twin for cleans.

Comment

I prefer Engl amps, but out of your choices I would pick Marshall. Well, only if I was allowed to get it modded!

Comment

i cant live without my 59 bassman. i also have an mg 250 marshall, not bad tone for ss. but my vote goes to fender,the mother of all amps, period.
        http://soundcloud.com/richard-vancleaf

Comment

Out of your options, I'd go Marshall. If I'd choose "other", I'd go Bogner.

Comment

for what situation?

fender and marshall are 2 different beasts if you ask me. and 2 different flavors, i favor fender but i cant say any 1 is better - just better at different things.

so as far as that goes, it depends on what the situation was. if i were playing alot of clean stuff, even some blues id use the fender. if it were for a loud rock band with alot of crunch id use marshall all the way

if i were at home recording in a low volume situation i would use the line 6, yes over the other 2 (unless i could crank them - but sometimes thats not possible when the wife is home out of respect)
            <

Spam: line 6 floorboard it works with AX2, Flextone, FlextoneII, POD, POD pro, Bass POD, Bass POD pro, and Spider

$90 shipped in cont. USA

Dano fab-echo, 4 hours use w/box $10 shipped OR $5 shipped plus 1 working bass tuning peg (for me silly)

Comment

Originally posted by guitaristbum
              dont get me wrong, marshalls are great, but unless you want to spend $2000 for a good marshall, its not gonna sound good

hm...I bought a jcm 800 2205 for $500 and it sounded awesome. Then I got a 2203 for a grand and it sounded even better.
              Good transactions: tolling bells, leod_74, phatgirl, Megadeth6784, duderanimous, JoshuaTSP, mttmg, Rocked Star, New Builder, Zemmy, Brutal Truth, Incarta, needleTOink, outtahear, guitar_dude45, kidgloves, Chad-ro, Ibenhad,TruSlice, Squatandgobble, DoubleBarrel

Comment

Really close call between Fender, Marshall, and other for me. But I went ahead and voted Fender.

I'm pretty much a tube junkie, so I wouldn't even consider a Line 6...

Comment

MESA
                  Mesa/Boogie Mob, biatches!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bryant05
                    Which amp do you prefer out of

Fender,
                    Marshall,
                    or
                    Line6

I prefer to have all of the above. The line6 stuff has it's merits but didn't make it into my stable because I am lucky enough to have the REAL stuff. The Line6 stuff tries to emulate, The Fenders Marshalls Mesas Vox etc... I prefer to not have the recreation; I'd rather have the originals.

I still haven't taken a pic of my 1964 Blackface Super Reverb with the rest of the arsenal, but it's sitting with the rest of the bad boys.

Here's a pic:

Comment

Fender will show what level of a player you are.
                      Marshall will show how loud of a player you are.
                      Line 6 will show you how to hide.
                      i have come to the conclusion that he is some form of god. no mere mortal has that many guitars/pedals/amp/anything. "It boggles my mind. His collection is the most glorious and true expression of GAS.To each his own though. Amazing collection of beauties. It takes some seriously messed up OCD to compile a collection like that.I hate BBreaker. Damn, I hate him.Suck it.We learned that bbreaker is some sort of god. A god of whine.fk this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bbreaker
                        Fender will show what level of a player you are.
                        Marshall will show how loud of a player you are.
                        Line 6 will show you how to hide.
                        Yes we already know you're retarded, but what does that have to do with choosing between the aforementioned amps?

Comment

Originally posted by KovachianOne
                          Yes we already know you're retarded, but what does that have to do with choosing between the aforementioned amps?

That's pretty witty of you.
                          Uh, the answer is Fender.
                          i have come to the conclusion that he is some form of god. no mere mortal has that many guitars/pedals/amp/anything. "It boggles my mind. His collection is the most glorious and true expression of GAS.To each his own though. Amazing collection of beauties. It takes some seriously messed up OCD to compile a collection like that.I hate BBreaker. Damn, I hate him.Suck it.We learned that bbreaker is some sort of god. A god of whine.fk this guy.

Comment

I know, it's not easy being the smartest person ever.

Comment

marshall can cover up if your a bad player, fender doesn't, i have a stage 100 dsp and it shows ALL of my mistakes, and line6 are overedpriced for their items, go fender, get like a Blues JR. 15 watt, tube amp....for $400

lol... Marshalls cover up mistakes the least out of most amps out there.

Comment

dont get me wrong, marshalls are great, but unless you want to spend $2000 for a good marshall, its not gonna sound good

Oye vey... The AVT50 head into a good cab sounds great.

Comment

Working...
                                X