Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Testing the waters: My Mesa Mk IV for your...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got a JCM 800 2204 w/ vert. inputs that I would get rid of...
    I am a counselor for lunatics and retards. I see this stuff on a daily basis. I got attacked with a toaster on tuesday. - nasum

Comment

Originally posted by yngzaklynch

Kage and Dan I know the Mk IV is a killer amp but theres something about Marshalls that sound smoother. It's in the mids and high end that I'm noticing whatever "it" is. Damn it sucks to be me.
      Try this EQ setting.

Clips
      http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=559543

Comment

Originally posted by J.B.
        Try this EQ setting.

Have to do it tomorrow. The woman should be back from work soona dn I gots things to do. But I will give it a shot. Thanks.
        R I P
        Dimebag Darrell
        1966 - 2004

http://community.webshots.com/user/yngzaklynch

Comment

Originally posted by riffy
          Hey Buddy!
          I have an idea!!!!!!
          Jim, go and buy a Soldano sp77 preamp and run it into the loop bypassing the Mark IVs preamp. That way you still have the Boogie sound when you want it and you have a really really hotrodded Marshall sound when you want it and all for less than $400 bones out of pocket now!

I used to have a sp77 and used it with a Boogie 2:90 and it kicked all kinds of ass for metal and rock. Then I had the X88R and it was the same asskicking sound as well.!

Give it some thought!

Gary

and you still get the graphic EQ when you run it like this, and all the power options... which is why i'm looking for ANOTHER one now just to use as a power amp.

Comment

Have to do it tomorrow. The woman should be back from work soona dn I gots things to do. But I will give it a shot. Thanks.
            Make sure you do. It's a "Marshall" setting that BrentSP gave me a while back. I posted a clip of the Mark IV with that setting and EVERYBODY thought it was a Marshall.
            Clips
            http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=559543

Comment

Ralph posted a clip that would have fooled several Marshall heads, it will do Marshall.
              Scott

To speak with,

Peter Diezel
              Jorg Bogner amps
              John Suhr
              Dave Friedman Racksystems LTD
              Bruce Egnater
              Gutierrez Guitars
              Ed Degenaro THD Amps
              Trace VooDoo Amps
              Mike Fortin from Fortin Amps

Go to www.rig-talk.com

Never heard you play.....don't care about your review.

Originally posted by Ed DeGenaro

But the bottomline is the same, crap player and 5000$ amp is no different than an ugly chick spending a ton on make-up. It ain't going to be pretty.

Comment

Make sure you do. It's a "Marshall" setting that BrentSP gave me a while back. I posted a clip of the Mark IV with that setting and EVERYBODY thought it was a Marshall.

I will give that a try as well, thanks for the tip. I actually bought a marshall silver jubilee since I have to have that marshall sound, but I kept my mark IV

Comment

Looking at Marshall or Marshall like amps. A Slash or ZW head would be preferable although for the right deal I will consider a DSL. Amp must have an fx loop.

If I wasn't emotionally attached to my JMP, I'd do it in a flash.
                  BobSavage.net - Music, Amp demos...
                  Youtube Vids
                  Savage Woodworks

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Savage

If I wasn't emotionally attached to my JMP, I'd do it in a flash.

JMPs don't have loops do they? Or was yours modded?
                    R I P
                    Dimebag Darrell
                    1966 - 2004

Comment

How about an 84' 2203 w/ horizontal inputs? It's loaded w/ all new GT's.

Comment

Originally posted by AmpliFIRE
                        How about an 84' 2203 w/ horizontal inputs? It's loaded w/ all new GT's.

Give me a few days to see if I actually want to do this. Does your amp have a loop?
                        R I P
                        Dimebag Darrell
                        1966 - 2004

Comment

Give me a few days to see if I actually want to do this. Does your amp have a loop?

Nope...it's 100% original.

Comment

I have a MKIV and a JCM800 2203... I connected both amps to my Recto Cab and dialed the MKIV to sound 99.9% like the SD-1 boosted JCM800... and that is A/B'ing them with a switch instantaneously.... I would be amazed if anyone could hear the difference...
                            Mesa Mark III Coliseum Simulclass Head
                            Mesa Single Rectifier
                            Marshall JCM800 2203 (1984)
                            Ampeg VT-60 Tri-Ax 1x12 Combo
                            Fender BF Vibro-Champ
                            Pignose (batter powered, All real musicans own one of these)

Comment

Originally posted by rho

I have a MKIV and a JCM800 2203... I connected both amps to my Recto Cab and dialed the MKIV to sound 99.9% like the SD-1 boosted JCM800... and that is A/B'ing them with a switch instantaneously.... I would be amazed if anyone could hear the difference...

Cool. I have not owned a Marshall in such a long time but i gigged with a JCM800 and a 50 watt PLexi in the 90s, i did lots of shows with them but i wish i had the Boogie all along because it works better for me at low volumes. ALthough i wouldn't mind owning another Marshall someday.
                              My clips. Lot's of Mesa.
                              http://soundcloud.com/danieldowning

Comment

Link to clip????
                                Lead Guit-fiddlist for F.A.B.L.E.D.

-------------------------------------------

"Even in literature and art, no man who bothers about originality will ever be original: whereas if you simply try to tell the truth (without caring twopence how often it has been told before) you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it. " - C.S. Lewis

"A good hook is a good hook in my book even if they don't have a name involving animal abuse." - Sordid1

"It's the magic of branding. Sometimes all the variables come together and certain manufacturers get to demand insane premiums for their only incrementally, if at all, "better" stuff solely for the "connoisseur" factor. As in: "check this **************** out, told you you should have went to law school like me instead of seeking a spiritually meaningful role in society". Most of the customers feel they are probably getting a work of art as much as an amplifier." - Elric

"I would hardcore dance in a bunny suit at a Good Charlotte concert for a million dollars" - WillShrdForFood

"I've played 'em both. UL sounds like it was made at NASA. Uber sounds like it was made in Hell" - DropDeelicious

"I'm sorry but noone with a Smashing Pumpkins avatar gets to point fingers about whining or estrogen. " - cloudnine

Comment

Working...
                                X