TSL100 Mod query

Sambora#2

• Members

Hi,I have a tsl Take a dummy jack and plug it into effects loop and push in the send button and adjust your mix settings louder than your volume.NOW you have lead boost for all 3 channels when you hit the effects button on your 5 ch pedal.This will not work if you are allready using the loop.It says how to do it in the tsl manual LOOK CLOSELY its in there.(manual)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I use the fx loop with a dummy jack, but as u use it for fx I think any of the below are easier and probably better options than the VPR idea.

eq boost, Dist box with gain down and level up - tubescreamer, sd1, Carl Martin Boost & Kick, Signal booster - seymour duncan pickup booster

• Members

I'm deadly serious. I would use it like a solo boost, keep it on most of the time and when the time comes, turn it off and voila 120watts for the solo!

In order to have the solo where you want it in the mix (which varies from room to room) you will need some sort of Level or Master control for the solo. You can do it without one but we get calls every couple days from players who have a fixed solo boost that want a Level control installed. In my opinion a solo boost is not worth the while unless you have a way to adjust it, otherwise you are stuck with where ever the boost is fixed to (IE: could be too loud or not loud enough).

Put an EQ Pedal in your loop, and just set it for a slight boost.

That's what a lot of guys do and it's adjustable, which is pretty much as must.

For what it's worth;

Trace

Archived