Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are Ritchie Blackmore's contributions to music?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still get goosebumps when I hear the post-chorus part on "Perfect Strangers"

Bah-da-da-da, ba-da-dat, ba-da-dat, ba-da-da-da, ba-da-dat-da-da-dat, da-da
    "Lol, how many amps are you gonna blow through before you collapse in a pool of your own semen?" - thinkpad20

"Mark my words...I will NOT sell my next Cobra. Put this in your sig and smoke it.....
    " - Dimebag11, 14 Dec 2007

Awesome pedals from an old high school bud:
    http://www.robertkeeley.com/

My other high school bud's band:
    http://www.myspace.com/yearofthemoth

Comment

This is what Blackmore used when he wrote the riff for Gates Of Babylon.

And yes, In 1974 Blackmore was using humbuckers in his Strat's before Van Halen.

Comment

he contributed recording guitar thru a reel2reel preamp. that was like, whoa.
        Some gear I use:
        Gibson Custom '58 Les Paul Reissue
        DW Drums
        Universal Audio 2108
        Universal Audio 1176
        Lexicon PCM-70
        TC Electronic G-Major
        Yamaha AW16G
        Sabian Cymbals
        AKG, Shure, Neumann, Marshall mics
        Revox B77 1/4"
        ProTools

Comment

Originally posted by Chris B.

If that's supposed to be SOTW, it's wrong...............

ROFL. thats ****************ing hillarious. trying to sound smart by typing in the notes..and wrong...HAHAHA!! that made my friggen night
          Some gear I use:
          Gibson Custom '58 Les Paul Reissue
          DW Drums
          Universal Audio 2108
          Universal Audio 1176
          Lexicon PCM-70
          TC Electronic G-Major
          Yamaha AW16G
          Sabian Cymbals
          AKG, Shure, Neumann, Marshall mics
          Revox B77 1/4"
          ProTools

Comment

Aside from the other comments here which speak volumes for Ritchie's contributions to guitar, without Blackmore, we never would of had that great scene in "TWISTER" when they were all flying down the road chasing after the tornado to the music of "Child in Time."

"Sweet child in time you'll see the line
            The line that's drawn between the good and the bad"

One of the best DP songs ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Romanian Reaper

Yngwie exists because of Blackmore. The cream-colored strat, the poses, the black leather. All Blackmore.

If you listen to his solos, he does great things without using alot of distortion. "Highway Star", "Nobody's Home", "Pictures of Home". I could go on and on.

The only bad contribution is that he is an ****************************.

Dont forget the pirate shirts, the scalloped fretboard, the same singers, etc.

Comment

His contributions are far too many to even attempt listing here,but they are significant and they are many and they are very widely varied. Blackmore is God. End of discussion.

Comment

Blackmore was/is one of the greates guitar influences on todays heavy metal / neoclassical type of playing....from purple to rainbow
                  this guy kick ass !!!!
                  www.anibalnet.nl

Comment

Originally posted by Tatosh
                    Besides the obvious answers, Blackmore contributions to the music world are so big that they can
                    www.anibalnet.nl

Comment

Originally posted by diddlybo
                      He rocks on guitar, he once stuffed his guitar neck first into one of those old school tv cameras, and he wears really cool wigs. Plus, his are some of the best riffs ever. Who could ask for more?

Ritchie wears a wig ????

I didn't know that. When did he lose his hair?

Comment

L A Z Y
                        LIVESTRONGwww.bandmix.com/kevman/Hey what happened? I had 5000+ posts here.

Comment

Mistreated off the Burn album...and a whole catalogue of incredible Purple/ Rainbow songs..

Comment

Originally posted by Chris B.

If that's supposed to be SOTW, it's wrong...............

That was the 15 year old kid on an out of tune Epiphone into a cheap SS amp turned up really loud at Guitar Center version.

Comment

Smoke on the Water is probably one of the most used tunes for inspiring new guitarists. Definitely a lot of ****************ty guitarists but...

Smoke On the Water is neck to neck and probably based on it's age ahead of 25 or 6 to 4, Smells like Teen Spirit, All Along the Watchtower, Iron Man, Crazy Train,etc...for getting guitars in kids hands and making them feel that first sense of RnR stardom.

That's a huge contribution over the years and still today.

As long as we have Smoke on the Water...Long Live Guitar!!!!
                              PM me about Online One-on-One Guitar Lessons, via Skype and Paypal
                              http://lessons.mikedodge.com
                              http://www.mikedodge.com
                              http://forum.mikedodge.com

Hint for online instructors...play the example in it's entirety, THEN talk about it for 5 minutes.

The only good liberal is a...well, we're still trying to figure out the answer to that one.

Uma is a motorik.

Comment

Originally posted by Friedman4ever

Very good post !!!!

well, thanks.

Comment

• Working...
                                  X