Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are Ritchie Blackmore's contributions to music?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go listen to Made in Japan Child in time solo....
    Nothing else to add.

What you play ? triangle or
    A time will come when thou will **************** bricks

Comment

He rocks on guitar, he once stuffed his guitar neck first into one of those old school tv cameras, and he wears really cool wigs. Plus, his are some of the best riffs ever. Who could ask for more?
      Diddlybo
      -----------------------------------------------
      Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
      My current amp selection:
      Carr Slant6V, Allen Accomplice, Rivera R-30 Thirty-twelve, Fender ChampII, Tech21 Trademark 10

Good HCAF transactions with hal9000, guitup, Anibas and ARS.

Comment

Listen to Lazy off Machine Head. You'll understand.
        same avatar after all these years....

Comment

I saw the whiney bitch walk off stage in the middle of his second song at a Rainbow concert.
          My **bleep** hurts

Comment

Scalloped fretboards.
            Volume...one time the loudest band in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by FLYING V 83
              Listen to Lazy off Machine Head. You'll understand.

Feel and tone as good as anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by rbm
                ...what exactly is his claim to fame as a musician?
                What am I missing?

You're missing a lot. You obviously don't know much about the man, so posting a question like this is completely asinine.

If you want to gab all day about RB, then I would suggest that you do a little research and try to act intelligently.

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel

You're missing a lot. You obviously don't know much about the man, so posting a question like this is completely asinine.

If you want to gab all day about RB, then I would suggest that you do a little research and try to act intelligently.
                  Relax Fanboy, I love Richie as well but your post is worse than his thread. He didnt put him down at all so If you cant answer the question, STFU
                  My clips, check 'em out!!!
                  More Clips!!!

Mint, No Velcro and in Original box, Seriously priced to move. Price reflects PayPal'd and Shipped to the lower 48( Gift would be nice, have TONS of references) No reasonable offer refused

Get it while its hot gents, it wont last at this price!!!

PigTronix Disnortion OFO-$140

Comment

Originally posted by FelixGrammer
                    E G A
                    E G #A A
                    E G A G A

Actually, he plays it like this, plucking the notes with his fingers:

G Bb C
                    G Bb C# C
                    G Bb C Bb G

He shows you how to play it on the "Making of Machine Head" DVD. If you don't have it, buy it!

Anyone who plays the riff using standard powerchords on the E & A strings is soooooo wrong.
                    I've got a Rolls Royce cos it's good for my voice...

Comment

Originally posted by STEEL KAGE
                      Relax Fanboy, I love Richie as well but your post is worse than his thread. He didnt put him down at all so If you cant answer the question, STFU

Relax, brawny boy, don't get your panties all bunched up in a knot.

The quote itself is enough to tell me that 1) he

Comment

Originally posted by FelixGrammer
                        E G A
                        E G #A A
                        E G A G A

If that's supposed to be SOTW, it's wrong...............
                        WARNING: Excessive consumption of alcohol leads to memory loss.
                        Worse yet....it leads to memory loss.

Comment

Besides the obvious answers, Blackmore contributions to the music world are so big that they can

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel

Relax, brawny boy, don't get your panties all bunched up in a knot.

The quote itself is enough to tell me that 1) he
                            My clips, check 'em out!!!
                            More Clips!!!

Mint, No Velcro and in Original box, Seriously priced to move. Price reflects PayPal'd and Shipped to the lower 48( Gift would be nice, have TONS of references) No reasonable offer refused

Get it while its hot gents, it wont last at this price!!!

PigTronix Disnortion OFO-$140

Comment

Originally posted by igge

Actually, he plays it like this, plucking the notes with his fingers:

G Bb C
                              G Bb C# C
                              G Bb C Bb G

He shows you how to play it on the "Making of Machine Head" DVD. If you don't have it, buy it!

Anyone who plays the riff using standard powerchords on the E & A strings is soooooo wrong.
                              ELP92SD -> some pedals -> MarkIV -> Rectifier 2x12 cab

"The Bible is the rock on which this Republic rests." - Andrew Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by rbm
                                I know he is awesome and all. I loved the Perfect Strangers album. But what exactly is his claim to fame as a musician?
                                I could gab all day about what Hendrix, Page, Hedges and other do and did, but I can't place exactly Blackmore's contribution other than some great tunes. What am I missing?

Yngwie exists because of Blackmore. The cream-colored strat, the poses, the black leather. All Blackmore.

If you listen to his solos, he does great things without using alot of distortion. "Highway Star", "Nobody's Home", "Pictures of Home". I could go on and on.

The only bad contribution is that he is an ****************************.
                                "Lol, how many amps are you gonna blow through before you collapse in a pool of your own semen?" - thinkpad20

"Mark my words...I will NOT sell my next Cobra. Put this in your sig and smoke it.....
                                " - Dimebag11, 14 Dec 2007

Awesome pedals from an old high school bud:
                                http://www.robertkeeley.com/

My other high school bud's band:
                                http://www.myspace.com/yearofthemoth

Comment

• Working...
                                  X