SOT: new charvels anyone play one?

mad axe man

• Members

I played a couple in NYC a few days ago. I played an EVH art at sam ash as well as a pointy model at GC. Although I impressed initially, I played a real san dimas and my GMW shortly thereafter and was amazed at how much nicer both and the San Dimas and my GMW felt and sounded.

Just my .02

Tyler

• Members

i've played a few of the EVH models...VERY nice guitars; great build, finish, etc. played and sounded really good as well

not nice enough to warrant that price tag IMO, but then again i've played VERY few guitars in my life that i could truly see myself forking over $1500 or even $1,000 for...much less $2k...just wasn't anything about them that jumped up and screamed at me

• Members

Originally posted by cobrahead1030

i've played a few of the EVH models...VERY nice guitars; great build, finish, etc. played and sounded really good as well

not nice enough to warrant that price tag IMO, but then again i've played VERY few guitars in my life that i could truly see myself forking over $1500 or even $1,000 for...much less $2k...just wasn't anything about them that jumped up and screamed at me

I agree, which is why I bought a gmw for less. IMO, a MUCH better value. I think for $800 bucks, the new charvels would be a great deal, but with their current price range, they are definitely overpriced. You honestly owe it to yourself to try and find a gmw pointy (he has made a few from what I understand), save up for the real deal, or just live with a different headstock.

Tyler

• Members
Originally posted by Dave Owens

why is it that. Charvel charges you $2k plus...while you can go to warmoth and buy the exact same thing for less the $600..????

I still dont get it..
:confused:

i will say that the charvel i played was hands down, better than any warmoth guitar i've ever touched...it felt much more solid, and just sounded more 'alive'

generally guitars pieced together like that will look good on paper, but it's very rare that they come out sounding/feeling right in the end...it's all those little things along the way in the construction process that make the more expensive guitars worth it (to some people)

Archived