X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOT: new charvels anyone play one?

I cant afford a older 81-84 san dimas so how are these newer ones?
    thinking of grabbing this one?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-CHARVEL-USA-san-Dimas-electric-guitar_W0QQitemZ7345204174QQcategoryZ33044QQssPage NameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

haven't tried, but from what I hear, it's GMW all the way
    <div class="signaturecontainer">From first to last<br />
    The peak is never passed<br />
    Something always fires the light that gets in your eyes<br />
    One moment's high, and glory rolls on by<br />
    Like a streak of lightning<br />
    That flashes and fades in the summer sky<br />
    ______________________________<br />
    <br />
    &quot;my gear list&quot;<br />
    -GMW Superstrat<br />
    -Ibanez RG3120<br />
    -LTD M2 <br />
    <br />
    &quot;You can take the man out of the 80's, but you can't take the 80's out of the man&quot; - Paul Gilbert</div>

Comment

Originally posted by dreamspace
      haven't tried, but from what I hear, it's GMW all the way

I actually want one with the JACKSON/CHARVEL pointy headstock and GMW does not offer that

Comment

I have....they have great necks! But I wish they had 24 fret. If they did, I would be all over them.
        <div class="signaturecontainer">Good Transactions: JKD, theGhost, cobrahead1030, kage, Romanian Reaper, MidusGT, Dropthisd, Kank_39</div>

Comment

I played a couple in NYC a few days ago. I played an EVH art at sam ash as well as a pointy model at GC. Although I impressed initially, I played a real san dimas and my GMW shortly thereafter and was amazed at how much nicer both and the San Dimas and my GMW felt and sounded.

Just my .02

Tyler
          <div class="signaturecontainer">Clips:<br />
          <a href="http://music.mp3lizard.com/twpietz37/" target="_blank">http://music.mp3lizard.com/twpietz37/</a><br />
          </div>

Comment

I played one today through a marshall,easy to play but too much money.......

Comment

i've played a few of the EVH models...VERY nice guitars; great build, finish, etc. played and sounded really good as well

not nice enough to warrant that price tag IMO, but then again i've played VERY few guitars in my life that i could truly see myself forking over $1500 or even $1,000 for...much less $2k...just wasn't anything about them that jumped up and screamed at me
              <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><font color="Gray">Framus Cobra, Mesa Mark III, VHT Deliverance, Ampeg SS150<br />
              Splawn OS 2x12 &amp; two 4x12's</font></font></div>

Comment

Originally posted by cobrahead1030
                i've played a few of the EVH models...VERY nice guitars; great build, finish, etc. played and sounded really good as well

not nice enough to warrant that price tag IMO, but then again i've played VERY few guitars in my life that i could truly see myself forking over $1500 or even $1,000 for...much less $2k...just wasn't anything about them that jumped up and screamed at me

I agree, which is why I bought a gmw for less. IMO, a MUCH better value. I think for $800 bucks, the new charvels would be a great deal, but with their current price range, they are definitely overpriced. You honestly owe it to yourself to try and find a gmw pointy (he has made a few from what I understand), save up for the real deal, or just live with a different headstock.

Tyler
                <div class="signaturecontainer">Clips:<br />
                <a href="http://music.mp3lizard.com/twpietz37/" target="_blank">http://music.mp3lizard.com/twpietz37/</a><br />
                </div>

Comment

why is it that. Charvel charges you $2k plus...while you can go to warmoth and buy the exact same thing for less the $600..????

I still dont get it..

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Owens
                    why is it that. Charvel charges you $2k plus...while you can go to warmoth and buy the exact same thing for less the $600..????

I still dont get it..

i will say that the charvel i played was hands down, better than any warmoth guitar i've ever touched...it felt much more solid, and just sounded more 'alive'

generally guitars pieced together like that will look good on paper, but it's very rare that they come out sounding/feeling right in the end...it's all those little things along the way in the construction process that make the more expensive guitars worth it (to some people)
                    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><font color="Gray">Framus Cobra, Mesa Mark III, VHT Deliverance, Ampeg SS150<br />
                    Splawn OS 2x12 &amp; two 4x12's</font></font></div>

Comment

does GMW still offer the strat headstock?

Comment

Working...
                      X