No announcement yet.

***weekend Rock Jam***

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Randy Van Sykes

I didn't have it turned up very loud when I first watched it so it wasn't very obvious on first listen...but ya, I can definately hear it, sounds sorta like digital clipping crackle? It's not all the time...
    Otherwise the quality of the video/audio is very good for not being a huge file...and that guitar looks extremely nice (I forgot to mention)

I took the mix file from Samplitude and put it in Vegas, so I guess Vegas can't handle that hot of a file. I actually dropped the volume on the channel I placed the audio file, but still, crackling.

Originally posted by Digital Jams

Bob, killer always and once again great recording skills, if I make NAMM steaks are on me for several hours of production lessons.

Thanks, and make it dogs and ale's at Hollingshead's, and I can talk for hours.
    BobSavage.net - Music, Amp demos...
    Youtube Vids
    Savage Woodworks

Comment

Originally posted by Myron Stratis
      Guys! I am downloading your takes now!

Here is mine:

direct link: http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Members/000154609_000030538.mp3

DSP page:
      http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/VirtualStudios/Listen/detail.php?eltid=30538

Now this is something I've never done before!!! Lydian shreding, YAY!!!! I am playing Vai!

Suhr Classic --> Boss ds1--> Bogner Uberschall --> THD 2x12--> Shure SM57(V30)

Absolutely incredible, one of the best that Ive heard from you. Just perfect..... The tone is amongst the best that Ive heard form the Uber as well

This BT is too good to pass up and as soon as Im up and running, Im participating as well, Ive got some great Ideas for this one

Kage
      My clips, check 'em out!!!
      More Clips!!!

Mint, No Velcro and in Original box, Seriously priced to move. Price reflects PayPal'd and Shipped to the lower 48( Gift would be nice, have TONS of references) No reasonable offer refused

Get it while its hot gents, it wont last at this price!!!

PigTronix Disnortion OFO-$140

Comment

Originally posted by STEEL KAGE

This BT is too good to pass up and as soon as Im up and running, Im participating as well, Ive got some great Ideas for this one

Kage

That's cheating!!! You're not supposed to have ideas going into it bro.
        Youtube Vids
        Savage Woodworks

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Savage

That's cheating!!! You're not supposed to have ideas going into it bro.
          Not from other People Bro, I DL'd this the moment it hit and all these cool ideas popped up. Im not good enough to do the Bob Savage Shogun clip( where you play blindfolded and having never heard the track except for the actual recording)
          My clips, check 'em out!!!
          More Clips!!!

Mint, No Velcro and in Original box, Seriously priced to move. Price reflects PayPal'd and Shipped to the lower 48( Gift would be nice, have TONS of references) No reasonable offer refused

Get it while its hot gents, it wont last at this price!!!

PigTronix Disnortion OFO-$140

Comment

Originally posted by STEEL KAGE
            Not from other People Bro, I DL'd this the moment it hit and all these cool ideas popped up. Im not good enough to do the Bob Savage Shogun clip( where you play blindfolded and having never heard the track except for the actual recording)

Hahaha... nah, I wasn't talking about ideas from others, I mean even your own.
            Youtube Vids
            Savage Woodworks

Comment

Great takes so far guys!

Hopefully, sounds like a few more killer takes to come...

Comment

Originally posted by acousticvoodoo

GREAT job Myron! Perfect tone, fabulous playing. RIPPING@RIPPING.COM!

Thanks bro!
                Diskolos!

My clips:
                Bogner website

Lizard Page

Comment

Originally posted by Patrickjp

Btw, I agree, Myron.. your take was some of the best stuff I've heard you pull off!!

Thanks Pat! Now why don't you record somthing??
                  Diskolos!

My clips:
                  Bogner website

Lizard Page

Comment

Originally posted by jazzbo
                    Here is a try... some clams but kind of OK... I like the backing track!

VaiSatrianiZappaTake

It's kind of sloppy.... I'd like to do better but it would take a while.... I was influenced by Frank Zappa's Inca Roads solo.

Some cool ideas in there!
                    LEADFOOT RECORDING

Comment

• Originally posted by Whackmaster63
                      I gave this one a try. I used the melodic minor in parts. Hope i didnt butcher this one to badhttp://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Members/000123752_000030547.mp3

Smooth tone. You played strong all the way through.
                      LEADFOOT RECORDING

Comment

• Originally posted by acousticvoodoo
                        Adam,

Thanks for posting this track...

Today's news provided my theme:

Katrina

My prayers to all those who find themselves in her path.

michael

I admire that you put vocals on there. I wish I could sing. Or I wish I had the guts to get up there, and sing!

Cool take.
                        LEADFOOT RECORDING

Comment

• Originally posted by Digital Jams
                          Well, said I would so here it is. I will have another one for this, I need to redeam myself

http://home.comcast.net/~jwheeler12/This_is_bad_but_my_finger_hurts.mp3

That ain't to bad dude. You can play!
                          LEADFOOT RECORDING

Comment

• Originally posted by leadfootdriver

That ain't to bad dude. You can play!

Thanks Mick, I am pretty down after that take, I was not having fun and to me that is what guitar is about. But, saying that I do know I do not have my strenght back in my right hand and I am going to go and correct some things.

God my mike placement sucked
                            Scott

To speak with,

Peter Diezel
                            Jorg Bogner amps
                            John Suhr
                            Dave Friedman Racksystems LTD
                            Bruce Egnater
                            Gutierrez Guitars
                            Ed Degenaro THD Amps
                            Trace VooDoo Amps
                            Mike Fortin from Fortin Amps

Go to www.rig-talk.com

Never heard you play.....don't care about your review.

Originally posted by Ed DeGenaro

But the bottomline is the same, crap player and 5000$ amp is no different than an ugly chick spending a ton on make-up. It ain't going to be pretty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Digital Jams

Thanks Mick, I am pretty down after that take, I was not having fun and to me that is what guitar is about. But, saying that I do know I do not have my strenght back in my right hand and I am going to go and correct some things.

God my mike placement sucked

What amp, cab and mic did you use for the take Scott, I mean Steve?

Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by J.B.
                                My take is very lame.
                                http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Members/000168412_000030543.mp3

Well, I liked it a lot. Nice playing all around.
                                My BandMy Tunes, jams and other recordingsAmps:Mesa Boogie Mark IVMesa Boogie Mark VEVH 5153 Mini

Comment

Working...
                                X