Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the sound was Great Bob, Especially for a video camera. youre not being fair to yourself becuase youre comparing to the incredible stuff that you produce at home IMO. Ive saved this puppy!!!

One thing that I didnt like this time out was the sound of the Bad Horsie. I dont like the wah but you always make it sound great, it didnt work for me this time. Otherwise it was definitely cool stuff

I was disapointed that you didnt bless us with some of you r famous Whammy pedal work
    My clips, check 'em out!!!
    More Clips!!!

Mint, No Velcro and in Original box, Seriously priced to move. Price reflects PayPal'd and Shipped to the lower 48( Gift would be nice, have TONS of references) No reasonable offer refused

Get it while its hot gents, it wont last at this price!!!

PigTronix Disnortion OFO-$140

Comment

Bob, you look very different than I thought you would. That guitar rules. Does it have a carbon neck like some of the Vigiers?

Comment

I will be laying something down tomorrow, way too many beers for this stick in the mud family man tonight. Dying to break the Jackson's cherry with this one
        Scott

To speak with,

Peter Diezel
        Jorg Bogner amps
        John Suhr
        Dave Friedman Racksystems LTD
        Bruce Egnater
        Gutierrez Guitars
        Ed Degenaro THD Amps
        Trace VooDoo Amps
        Mike Fortin from Fortin Amps

Go to www.rig-talk.com

Never heard you play.....don't care about your review.

Originally posted by Ed DeGenaro

But the bottomline is the same, crap player and 5000$ amp is no different than an ugly chick spending a ton on make-up. It ain't going to be pretty.

Comment

Cool backing!

This 1 was deffinately begging for a Lydian assault. Unfortunately, I got bored with it, But I made it 'bout half way. 'Not feeling to inspired today.

But as requested, in the style of Vai, with a leadfootdriver arpeggio twist at the end.

Gear Chain:

Ibanez w/707's>Triaxis on Mark III>Simul 2:90>4x12 w/G12M70's>CAD E-100 mic

http://home.comcast.net/~sneil/rvsj.mp3
          LEADFOOT RECORDING

Comment

Nice playing Bob I Like the tone to!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Savage
              Not much action on this thread today...

Anyway, the audio on this video is terrible on my system, which probably means it's just plain bad. There's clicking and other weirdness and I have no idea where it's coming from, but I wanted to post it anyway because quite frankly, this video reminded me how bad my right hand technique is. Compare my right hand movement to that of Alex, and you'll see what I mean.

Anybody not on broadband, don't even think about it, the file is about 11.5 MB (audio quality is 64KB, so the MP3 is I posted is better).

Most likely my last home video...

By the way, use "save as..." because as soon as my bandwidth increases enough, this sucker is gone.

I was just thinking today it'd be cool to video a jam sometime as well...that's awesome Bob...I always like your 'going for it' experimental playing...kinda Vai meets Zappa.

You, Alex and Myron look like you are sorta bored when you play...I start giving my "oh" face when I play...

Comment

Originally posted by leadfootdriver
                Cool backing!

This 1 was deffinately begging for a Lydian assault. Unfortunately, I got bored with it, But I made it 'bout half way. 'Not feeling to inspired today.

But as requested, in the style of Vai, with a leadfootdriver arpeggio twist at the end.

Gear Chain:

Great take with some really killer moments in there! You're a fish in water at this style.

Comment

Whoops, almost forgot... to the pinheads that suggested I copy and paste guitar parts together... yeah, watch it and then shut it.

You are safe in a "jam thread" from these "pinheads" ...it's like 'Holy Ground' in Highlander.

Comment

Great jam!!1

Who knows, I could even be able to finally setup everything here, and maybe record smoe crap!!!

BTW: Bob, that vid is simply OUTSTANDING, I loved it!!!
                    R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell

Masotti X100M head
                    Mesa 4x12" half open back
                    GMW custom guitar
                    Jacaranda Tribe Custom 7 strings
                    Music Man John Petrucci 7 strings with piezos
                    Lexicon PCM70
                    TC Electronics G Major
                    Dunlop 535q
                    http://www.masottiamp.it/std-x100m.html

Comment

Not much action on this thread today...

Anyway, the audio on this video is terrible on my system, which probably means it's just plain bad. There's clicking and other weirdness and I have no idea where it's coming from, but I wanted to post it anyway because quite frankly, this video reminded me how bad my right hand technique is. Compare my right hand movement to that of Alex, and you'll see what I mean.

Anybody not on broadband, don't even think about it, the file is about 11.5 MB (audio quality is 64KB, so the MP3 is I posted is better).

Most likely my last home video...

By the way, use "save as..." because as soon as my bandwidth increases enough, this sucker is gone.

Hey, that was a cool video with equally cool playing Bob !
                      My BandMy Tunes, jams and other recordingsAmps:Mesa Boogie Mark IVMesa Boogie Mark VEVH 5153 Mini

Comment

Originally posted by leadfootdriver
                        Cool backing!

Gear Chain:

That was great Mick!
                        My BandMy Tunes, jams and other recordingsAmps:Mesa Boogie Mark IVMesa Boogie Mark VEVH 5153 Mini

Comment

Originally posted by Digital Jams
                          Nice job Bob but what the hell were those pants

Those are big, baggy, comfortable shorts, Hawaian style with flowers and leaves and stuff on them.

Originally posted by riffy

I want a freakin' fretless guitar but can't come up with the scratch for the Vigier! Darnit!
                          And also those snow camo pants were pretty darned cool!

Gary

Yeah, I'd love a Surfretter too, but no cash.

Those are flowers, not camo.

Originally posted by STEEL KAGE
                          I think the sound was Great Bob, Especially for a video camera. youre not being fair to yourself becuase youre comparing to the incredible stuff that you produce at home IMO. Ive saved this puppy!!!

One thing that I didnt like this time out was the sound of the Bad Horsie. I dont like the wah but you always make it sound great, it didnt work for me this time. Otherwise it was definitely cool stuff

I was disapointed that you didnt bless us with some of you r famous Whammy pedal work

I wish my video camera could pull that kind of quality. I actually overlaid the mixed track, but the audio is 64Kb instead of 192 mp3.

Darn, I forgot to pull out the whammy.

Originally posted by Megadeth7684
                          Bob, you look very different than I thought you would. That guitar rules. Does it have a carbon neck like some of the Vigiers?

How did you think I'd look? The neck on the Vigier isn't carbon, it's carbon reinforced. The neck itself is maple.

Originally posted by Randy Van Sykes

I was just thinking today it'd be cool to video a jam sometime as well...that's awesome Bob...I always like your 'going for it' experimental playing...kinda Vai meets Zappa.

You, Alex and Myron look like you are sorta bored when you play...I start giving my "oh" face when I play...

LOL! Yeah, I was quite the showman in my day, but, I think my day has passed.

I don't know what the deal is with the crackling in the video, do you hear it?

Phil: Thanks man...

I need to listen to the other takes later today.
                          BobSavage.net - Music, Amp demos...
                          Youtube Vids
                          Savage Woodworks

Comment

Guys! I am downloading your takes now!

Here is mine:

direct link: http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Members/000154609_000030538.mp3

DSP page:
                            http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/VirtualStudios/Listen/detail.php?eltid=30538

Now this is something I've never done before!!! Lydian shreding, YAY!!!! I am playing Vai!

Suhr Classic --> Boss ds1--> Bogner Uberschall --> THD 2x12--> Shure SM57(V30)
                            Diskolos!

My clips:
                            Bogner website

Lizard Page

Comment

Very nice Myron!!!!!! Man you make that Uber sound great, very nice tone and the playing just rips!
                              Scott

To speak with,

Peter Diezel
                              Jorg Bogner amps
                              John Suhr
                              Dave Friedman Racksystems LTD
                              Bruce Egnater
                              Gutierrez Guitars
                              Ed Degenaro THD Amps
                              Trace VooDoo Amps
                              Mike Fortin from Fortin Amps

Go to www.rig-talk.com

Never heard you play.....don't care about your review.

Originally posted by Ed DeGenaro

But the bottomline is the same, crap player and 5000$ amp is no different than an ugly chick spending a ton on make-up. It ain't going to be pretty.

Comment

Phil: Nice tone and experimental phrasing! Yes!

Mick: Lydian madness! Very very cool and vibey!

Randy: Liquid tone an phrasing to-die-for!~ Amazing!

Bob: Great stuff! That video is amazing! The phrasing and tone in your clip have all your signature touch, great!!!

Syrnett: Nice jam! LOUD guitar man!
                                Diskolos!

My clips:
                                Bogner website

Lizard Page

Comment

Working...
                                X