No announcement yet.

***weekend Rock Jam***

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Patrickjp
    finally made it, better late than never I guess!

RVS Lydian jamn? Is that the scale? lol

Here's the chain
    Ibanez Jem/LP Custom >> Cornford RK100>>Marshall 1960 cab>>sonar 4 >> your ears

It was fun & a challenge to figure out wtf key/scale I was supposed to use. This take gets better as it goes along.
    I'm gonna listen to everyone else's right now

Pat

Good god man that was f'in tight.

Comment

• Originally posted by telephant

Good god man that was f'in tight.

+1

Pat, that was some BADASS playing and tone !

Comment

• Randy...thanks. BTW...my friends are also very impressed with the backing track!
        Click here for BEN'S TOWER
        Click here for LUCKY IRISH
        Click here for ROCK HOP
        Click Here for my "Super-Grip" Knobs
        Click Here for my "Super-Speed" Knobs
        Click Here for my 9V, 500ma Regulated Power Supplies
        Click Here for my Custom 10ft IEC Power Cables

"RIGHT YOU ARE KEN !!!"

TIMMMAAAYYY!!!

Soldano HR-100XL+
        Marshall LEAD MOSFET 100W head
        Marshall VS-65R x 2

Comment

• Originally posted by '63-Strat
          Well, here's my take:
          http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Members/000158783_000030585.mp3

Its got a few clams
          I used my strat into PODxt for this, using the XTC model

Sounded great for a POD Colin, very smooth...it's funny that you own a Bogner and you're using a model of it in the POD ...so how does it compare?

Great take!

Adam

Comment

• Originally posted by Randy Van Sykes

Sounded great for a POD Colin, very smooth...it's funny that you own a Bogner and you're using a model of it in the POD ...so how does it compare?

Great take!

Adam

Adam,

Thanks for the kind words, and I thought it was funny too I like the XTC model on the PODxt because it sounds pretty fat, I find the PODxt can sound a little thin when its mixed in with "real" amps. I think its a good amp model, but doesn't sound that similar to my XTC. I live in an apartment and did that take late last night, I usually don't bother trying to record my Bogner at home, half stacks are kinda loud in apartments unfortunately

Comment

• Originally posted by Kelly Anarchy
              Yay my first post. Hello people, i'm Kelly and I suck

Well I tried out the thing so here goes.

I'll post a better one later cause i'm tired from school at the moment and playing with a infected right thumb

(Stupid ingrown nail... there's puss coming out of it)

http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Members/000179779_000030584.mp3

Good playing Kelly...welcome to the board.

Comment

Adam,

Thanks for the kind words, and I thought it was funny too I like the XTC model on the PODxt because it sounds pretty fat, I find the PODxt can sound a little thin when its mixed in with "real" amps. I think its a good amp model, but doesn't sound that similar to my XTC. I live in an apartment and did that take late last night, I usually don't bother trying to record my Bogner at home, half stacks are kinda loud in apartments unfortunately

I've been debating getting the add on packs for my PODxt Live...wondering if they're worth it.

I live in an apartment setting too, with a bitchy neighbor (an emotional male)...I use a Hotplate with my Legacy combo and mic it up with an SM57, then throw a big, thick sleeping bag over the whole thing...kind of a pain, but it sounds great.

Comment

Good playing Kelly...welcome to the board.

Thanks, I would do better, but I got this infection on the side of my thumb under the nail a few days ago so I can't really pick lol.

Been putting rubbing alcohol on it a few times a day though, and theres no more puss but still hurts like hell.

Pisses me off.

Comment

I've been debating getting the add on packs for my PODxt Live...wondering if they're worth it.

I live in an apartment setting too, with a bitchy neighbor (an emotional male)...I use a Hotplate with my Legacy combo and mic it up with an SM57, then throw a big, thick sleeping bag over the whole thing...kind of a pain, but it sounds great.

So was your clip recorded at low volume then? Sounded great I have always wondered about whether a hotplate would be a good route to try. I usually find I can get the XTC to sound good at lower than TV volumes, but its just not the same tone as when the power amp and speakers are working a bit, which is way too loud for apartment use. I might have to just buy one used and then sell it if it doesn't work out

I think the PODxt add-on packs (I've got the live version too ) are worth it, but I honestly haven't sat down with every model yet enough to get the good sounds out. I need to be in the right mood to enjoy tweaking at length, I usually just grab my acoustic most of the time - instant gratification

I bought the add-on packs as soon as I bought the podxt and justified it as being, a couple less nights at the bar and you've got a bunch more models to play with when you feel GAS coming on

Comment

So was your clip recorded at low volume then? Sounded great I have always wondered about whether a hotplate would be a good route to try. I usually find I can get the XTC to sound good at lower than TV volumes, but its just not the same tone as when the power amp and speakers are working a bit, which is way too loud for apartment use. I might have to just buy one used and then sell it if it doesn't work out

I think the PODxt add-on packs (I've got the live version too ) are worth it, but I honestly haven't sat down with every model yet enough to get the good sounds out. I need to be in the right mood to enjoy tweaking at length, I usually just grab my acoustic most of the time - instant gratification

I bought the add-on packs as soon as I bought the podxt and justified it as being, a couple less nights at the bar and you've got a bunch more models to play with when you feel GAS coming on

No ...the backing track and my take were all PODxt on this one...it had a bite but wasn't too harsh...I don't mind the PODxt...but a real amp just sounds more 3D, fuller, natural, it's hard to explain...

Your reasoning for buying add on packs is making sense to me...it's giving me modeller gas.

Comment

No ...the backing track and my take were all PODxt on this one...it had a bite but wasn't too harsh...I don't mind the PODxt...but a real amp just sounds more 3D, fuller, natural, it's hard to explain...
                        Your reasoning for buying add on packs is making sense to me...it's giving me modeller gas.

Gotta love the PODxt then

You don't have to explain about the 3D-ness, natural feeling of a tube amp, I know it all too well But you gotta love the options the PODxt gives you, eh? Recording silently is a godsend.

...give in to modeller gas! hahaha

Comment

Gotta love the PODxt then

You don't have to explain about the 3D-ness, natural feeling of a tube amp, I know it all too well But you gotta love the options the PODxt gives you, eh? Recording silently is a godsend.

About the Hotplate...some amps it works great with...old Marshalls, smooth EL34 type amps, I find it works best with I find. It didn't help my 5150 sound better at all for some reason, I actually prefered the 5150 without it at low volumes.

A Hotplate with the Bogner would help it sound better at low volumes I would think...it works great with the Legacy...but the missing element about low volume...still the speakers aren't moving air.

Comment

About the Hotplate...some amps it works great with...old Marshalls, smooth EL34 type amps, I find it works best with I find. It didn't help my 5150 sound better at all for some reason, I actually prefered the 5150 without it at low volumes.

A Hotplate with the Bogner would help it sound better at low volumes I would think...it works great with the Legacy...but the missing element about low volume...still the speakers aren't moving air.

See, that's what I always hear about the hotplate; it works best with nonMV amps. But if it works well with your legacy that's a good indicator it'd work with the XTC, they are similar amps for sure.

Comment

• I'll PM you some clips of my my old Marshall and my Legacy using the Hotplate at lower volumes...

Comment

I'll PM you some clips of my my old Marshall and my Legacy using the Hotplate at lower volumes...

Thanks man

Comment

Working...
                                X