dillinger using stilletto's?

colormebloodred

• Members

we played with them earlier this year at the epicenter, yeah stilletto in full effect.. whats funny is i thought we had better tone with a dual recto and a triple XXX on crunch channel lol they rocked hard though, guitarist was climbing all sorts of things, playing upside down ect it was crazy

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

dillinger is a bad ass band!!! they used whatever guitars are available to them, ive seen them with all sorts of different ibanez's and Esp's! they usually just switch around to whatever they feel like using and is still workin after there insane tours

• Members

Originally posted by NITEFLY182

Brian had a hand injury and that guy stands in when brians hand gives him problems. DEP is still playing esp/ltd.

i talked to them at a show in charlotte earlier this year, and the guys told me the same thing...really sucks because brian's an amazing guitarist, and it just isn't quite the same band without him

• Members

clearly they were a poor choice for gigantour. A bunch of commercial rock/metal bands paired up with an underground noisecore act never works. Im going to go out on a limb and generalize that the fans of dream theater, megadeth, and nevermore are probably a more shallow and less diverse crowd than the average dillinger show. They like the average metal theme as opposed to awkward time signatures and abrasive songs. Dream theater is basically U2 now anyway. Dont take offense at my statement, Its just my experiance with fans of the aformentioned bands.

• Members

Originally posted by NITEFLY182

clearly they were a poor choice for gigantour. A bunch of commercial rock/metal bands paired up with an underground noisecore act never works. Im going to go out on a limb and generalize that the fans of dream theater, megadeth, and nevermore are probably a more shallow and less diverse crowd than the average dillinger show. They like the average metal theme as opposed to awkward time signatures and abrasive songs. Dream theater is basically U2 now anyway. Dont take offense at my statement, Its just my experiance with fans of the aformentioned bands.

I think you'll find a certain level of close-mindedness with any genre. You'll get underground metal people that hate "commercial" metal, and vice versa. It sucks, but that's the way it goes I guess.

Archived