• Time
  • Show
Clear All

also looks like he's ditched the esps for an ibanez

h0m0

Why does Mesa hate Australia?

Comment

Originally posted by NITEFLY182
      Brian had a hand injury and that guy stands in when brians hand gives him problems. DEP is still playing esp/ltd.

i talked to them at a show in charlotte earlier this year, and the guys told me the same thing...really sucks because brian's an amazing guitarist, and it just isn't quite the same band without him
      Framus Cobra, Mesa Mark III, VHT Deliverance, Ampeg SS150
      Splawn OS 2x12 & two 4x12's

Comment

Its funny to watch the other guy play some of the chord voicings though. The intro to the mullet burden is a pretty rough stretch and the guy pulls the guitar up to his neck for it and has to hold this wierd pose.

Comment

I don't know music. I thought they were the worst band at Gigantour when I went. I couldn't stand their music; I couldn't comprehend any of it. It was just....noise. Whatever floats your boat I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Code-001
            I don't know music. I thought they were the worst band at Gigantour when I went. I couldn't stand their music; I couldn't comprehend any of it. It was just....noise. Whatever floats your boat I guess.

+10000000000000
            "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."“Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money.”― George Carlin"The founding fathers were well aware of rapid firing capabilities by the indians." - NormH

Comment

clearly they were a poor choice for gigantour. A bunch of commercial rock/metal bands paired up with an underground noisecore act never works. Im going to go out on a limb and generalize that the fans of dream theater, megadeth, and nevermore are probably a more shallow and less diverse crowd than the average dillinger show. They like the average metal theme as opposed to awkward time signatures and abrasive songs. Dream theater is basically U2 now anyway. Dont take offense at my statement, Its just my experiance with fans of the aformentioned bands.

Comment

clearly they were a poor choice for gigantour. A bunch of commercial rock/metal bands paired up with an underground noisecore act never works.

I never thought of DEP as underground, nor dream theater as partictularly commercial.
                FS-Peavey Bravo combo:
                Tubes replaced recently, slightly scratchy pots, ugly but works fine.
                $200+shipping

Comment

like I said it was just an opinion. Until dillinger had a hit on headbangers ball, almost no one knew who they were.

Comment

No offense was intended.
                    FS-Peavey Bravo combo:
                    Tubes replaced recently, slightly scratchy pots, ugly but works fine.
                    $200+shipping

Comment

clearly they were a poor choice for gigantour. A bunch of commercial rock/metal bands paired up with an underground noisecore act never works. Im going to go out on a limb and generalize that the fans of dream theater, megadeth, and nevermore are probably a more shallow and less diverse crowd than the average dillinger show. They like the average metal theme as opposed to awkward time signatures and abrasive songs. Dream theater is basically U2 now anyway. Dont take offense at my statement, Its just my experiance with fans of the aformentioned bands.

I think you'll find a certain level of close-mindedness with any genre. You'll get underground metal people that hate "commercial" metal, and vice versa. It sucks, but that's the way it goes I guess.
                      For Sale
                      Fender Blackout Telecaster
                      Peavey Studio Pro 112

Gear
                      Mesa/Boogie DC-3
                      Peavey 412MS
                      Fender Blackout Tele
                      Ibanez RG w/ EMG-60 & 89
                      Peavey Vandenberg
                      Homemade Explorer
                      Homemade Les Paul
                      Vox V847 Wah