Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whatever happened to Nothingface?

i know that a lot of crap happened regarding TVT Records, their label, but they were still a KILLER band with ****************loads of talent. i was listening to "An Audio Guide to Everyday Atrocity" all day today, and just amazed at some of the things that band did. "Pacifier" was also killer....hell, so was "Violence". did they break up? I hope not...i would be looking forward to more recordings from them....Matt Holt was an incredible vocalist....Maxwell was a ridiculously solid guitar player. not spectacular, be he was solid as they come and he wrote some amazing stuff.
    Originally Posted by jnurp

murdoch always brings teh lulz.

Originally Posted by RockStarBassist

Also MurdochV wins thread.

Originally Posted by sleewell

Murdoch'd = when you think you have something funny to say only to hit post and that son of a bitch said it 10x funnier.

bump...did they break up and are no longer making any music whatsoever?

Murdoch'd = when you think you have something funny to say only to hit post and that son of a bitch said it 10x funnier.

Comment

Some guy here said he saw the singer working at a Guitar Center about a year ago... i guess they broke up.

Comment

Originally posted by blargh
        Some guy here said he saw the singer working at a Guitar Center about a year ago... i guess they broke up.

if that's the case, that is one horrific shame....they were an awesome band.

Comment

They released the album "Skeltons" in 2003, supported it a bit, and then split. I seem to recall it was more a label thing than a band thing.
          -"Actual journalism? Isn't that when you don't commit crimes?"
          -"Hell no, it's when we commit really good crimes."

Comment

thought i'd reply to this thread rather than starting a new one. it appears that nothingface has reunited and even has a new song. it can be streamed from their official site.

apparently the band's first show back will be held at the Recher Theatre in Towson, MD in February. just don't buy your tickets yet - i need to get mine.

Comment

I always loved his sound live, he was one of the 1st guys I heard and was righ tby the amp to really love a marshall. I want to say he had a 50w JCM800 so he could crank on it and I know he had a tube screamer in front of it.. I think that's all he used period and the tone was just raw thick and beautiful.

Comment

Amazing band, and they're back together!
                http://www.fairtax.org/

Comment

so glad to see more nothingface fans. i was that kid in high school always telling my friends about them, and no one ever jumped on it. everyday autrocity was ****************ing brilliant.

(gold tooth),

"reject and deny me,
                  with the face of a demon
                  your bull**************** cant find its own way!"

great band.

remember in the 'everyday autrocity' days when matt was a pretty chunky dude? i remember seeing them when they released violence (hammerstein ballroom nyc), and he looked coked out as hell (very skinny). hopefully, he kicked it if he was on it.
                  808musicians.com

Main Gear:
                  2001 PRS McCarty Ten Top (EMG 81/85)
                  Framus Cobra Head
                  Framus Dragon Cab

Comment

One of my all time fav bands. Too bad not many have heard of them.

Comment

My old band used to tour with them. Tom is an AMAZING player.
                      Just because it ends in "s", it doesn't mean that you have to use a ****************ing apostrophe.

Comment

Maybe they had a face transplant too?
                        tlbonehead@yahoo.com
                        www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy
                        -For Sale:
                        -set of GFS Dream 90s- gold and black pearl- $40 shipped in the cont. US
                        -(2) Celestion G12M-70 16 ohm guitar speakers in good condition $40 ea. + shipping.
                        - Vox VT15 Valvetronix very clean - $85 + shipping
                        - Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (the early Voxy sounding one) Sounds & looks good. $250 + shipping. SOLD
                        - Crate Palomino V8 - 10" Celestion - Very clean - on Ebay (sold)

Comment

Working...
                        X