3 Clips, 3 Diezels

Duesentrieb

• Members

OK guys, before I go on vacation here`s a little crap playing. You know that I`m not the best player around, but I was thinking that some might be interested in a comparison between VH4, Einstein and Herbert. The Herbert clip was recorded last year and thru a cab, the new clips thru Palmer/Marshall emulators - of course that makes a difference, also the software is different. Anyway - at least it might give you an idea about the voicings of the lead channels. All pots noon except master.

Here we go

VH4 lead

Einstein lead

Herbert lead

Olaf :)

edit: a bit out of the competition - Duesentrieb Phyton :D

Phyton lead

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hi James, that was Herbie thru my Diezel 2x12. There is a V30 and a G75T inside. In front of the V30s was a large Studio Projects B1 and in front of the G75T a SM57. Panned left/right, some Ambience from a Lexicon - thats it. Not sure if I added much reverb in the software later though.

• Members

All of the clips sounded very good and were very similar, but the Herbert sounded best to my ears...

On about what volume level was the Herbie recordet (if you remember)?

Great playing as usual, Olaf:)

-Jaakko

• Members

For that song I liked the VH-4 best. :cool:

Although I have to admit the clips sound practically identical, we need more of those direct comparisons *hint*. Great job and great plaing! :) :) :)

Btw. I just got the Bogner 4x12 and the walls nearly collapsed when I cranked Einstein through it... Hell, that was one of the loudest things I ever heard. :D

• Members

Originally posted by inferno79

For that song I liked the VH-4 best.
:cool:
Although I have to admit the clips sound nearly identical, we need more of those direct comparisons *hint*. Great job and great plaing!
:)

:D

Not possible, Axel - Herbert 30kms away and the two others stored safely in the cellar until I`m back :)

thanks ;)

• Members

Originally posted by Robotechnology

You should edit out that a bit out of the competition line regarding your Phyton. It sounds like it keeps fine pace with the Diezels to me. Did you sell it to someone?

Very kind, thanks. But of course its in no way comparable to them, no midi, no silent switching yet (I`m working on that together with Peter), shared EQ, in no way such a good loop as Diezels - and so on. But yes, for recording this and that its a nice toy. I may consider to give it away when its completely finished though. Thanks again :)

• Members

Great job Olaf!

All the clips sounded excellent... as well as your choice of songs. ;)

I liked the Herbert the best; no surprise. Is this the newer VH4?

I also think these clips are a very good reprenstation of what each of these amps is capable of, but bear in mind everyone, all 3 can cover a whole lot more ground as well.

-Wiz

• Members

Originally posted by Duesentrieb

Hi Wiz, yup thats a new model (hasn`t even a serial number
:D
). Sure, they all can do a million sounds additionally.

Hmmm... sounds good. I really can't wait to check one out in person. I have something else incoming that I want to compare it to.

;)

Archived