X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MCon
    My folks now live in Memphis, so I've been there plenty... best dry ribs I've ever had. Best overall BBQ I've had, though, is here in Texas at Cooper's in Llano.

Used to live in Dallas. There's a joint there called Sonny Bryan's (the original location)...it's the ****************. Texas knows how to do brisket.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Just because it ends in &quot;s&quot;, it doesn't mean that you have to use a ****************ing apostrophe.</b></div>

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodjinn
      Atlanta is always one of my favorite places to play on tour. Every time we've played it seems like the promoters have really taken care of us.

Jay Baker (Jim and Tammy Faye's son) has always had an incredible spread of food waiting for the bands at the Revolution.

The people at the Masquerade are completely top notch. Anything we wanted from the grill, 2 cases of beer, and more to take with us. Plus they have one of my favorite house p.a. systems I've ever played through for the upstairs, "heaven" stage.

Add Atlanta's endless supply of beautiful women into the mix and it's one of my favorite cities to visit.

Trey

upstairs at the masq rules indeed...we played up there for the first time a few months back, awesome venue

a couple of the dressing rooms have a rather odd odor tho, and i've been there a few times...it never seems to leave
      <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><font color="Gray">Framus Cobra, Mesa Mark III, VHT Deliverance, Ampeg SS150<br />
      Splawn OS 2x12 &amp; two 4x12's</font></font></div>

Comment

Originally posted by guitarded_1

Used to live in Dallas. There's a joint there called Sonny Bryan's (the original location)...it's the ****************. Texas knows how to do brisket.

I've heard good stuff about that place. I've not been there yet, I don't know anybody in Dallas so I don't really have any reason to go up there, but maybe I'll have to make a BBQ run.

Comment

Originally posted by cobrahead1030

upstairs at the masq rules indeed...we played up there for the first time a few months back, awesome venue

a couple of the dressing rooms have a rather odd odor tho, and i've been there a few times...it never seems to leave

It always smelled like piss to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheese Grits

Sonny Bryan's is a chain now, and it's not all that fantastic anymore.

I know...that's why I was singling out the original location. I ate there a couple of years ago, and found it to still be plenty badass. You ****************ers are making me hungry.
            <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Just because it ends in &quot;s&quot;, it doesn't mean that you have to use a ****************ing apostrophe.</b></div>

Comment

Atlanta has the best hot wings in the world. Check out Cafe Hot Wing on the south side of town.
              <div class="signaturecontainer">ELP92SD -&gt; some pedals -&gt; MarkIV -&gt; Rectifier 2x12 cab<br />
              <br />
              &quot;The Bible is the rock on which this Republic rests.&quot; - Andrew Jackson</div>

Comment

Yeah...but Memphis has some kick ass ribs, right? Atlanta BBQ blows.

Have you tried Harolds??
                <div class="signaturecontainer">rastaman</div>

Comment

Originally posted by rastaman

Have you tried Harolds??

Yup. Depsite the great reputation, I think it sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by dughaze
                    Atlanta has the best hot wings in the world. Check out Cafe Hot Wing on the south side of town.

If you do, drink beer. Found a roach at the bottom of my ice tea in that joint!

Comment

Yup. Depsite the great reputation, I think it sucks.

Well that's cool, I like it though. I usually order inside meat on sliced bread and I especially like the cracklin' cornbread w/ the brunswick stew.

Comment

Originally posted by MCon
                        My folks now live in Memphis, so I've been there plenty... best dry ribs I've ever had. Best overall BBQ I've had, though, is here in Texas at Cooper's in Llano.

Would you be speaking of The Rendezvous?
                        <div class="signaturecontainer">Diddlybo<br />
                        -----------------------------------------------<br />
                        Smoke 'em if you got 'em.<br />
                        My current amp selection:<br />
                        Carr Slant6V, Allen Accomplice, Rivera R-30 Thirty-twelve, Fender ChampII, Tech21 Trademark 10<br />
                        <br />
                        Good HCAF transactions with hal9000, guitup, Anibas and ARS.</div>

Comment

Originally posted by diddlybo

Would you be speaking of The Rendezvous?

I passed through Memphis once and stopped specifically to check out that joint. After driving around forever to find parking...and a long ass walk...the place was closed!

Comment

Smith's Olde Bar and 10 High mainly.

Hey man, we might be playing at 10 High sometime soon. I'll drop you a line.
                            <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"> <div class="bbcode_container">
                            <div class="bbcode_quote">
                            <div class="quote_container">
                            <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

<i>Originally posted by JamesPeters </i><br />
                            <b><br />
                            <br />
                            Oh yeah, he's [Jesus] got a great sense of humor. That's how we met. He was lurking HC and saw someone pwn you, and he emailed me. He was all &quot;Dude, check this!&quot; and I was all &quot;LOL!1!!&quot; and he was all &quot;roXors!!!1!!!one!!&quot; </b>

</div>
                            </div>
                            </div> </font></div>

Comment

Originally posted by shredhead666

Hey man, we might be playing at 10 High sometime soon. I'll drop you a line.

Where is 10 High?

Comment

Originally posted by rastaman

Where is 10 High?

Virginia Highlands

Comment

Working...
                                X