Flexi 50 Rules!

denkst

• Members

Just got Bob Savage's Flexi 50 yesterday. Even at low volumes this mother sounds ballsy and full. Had the volume, boost and boost tone cranked, mids up, treble at noon and bass at 9 with master up to about a speaking tone level. Can't wait to dig in some more in my practice space and get those power tubes cooking. Wow! What a great product.

• Members

Bob, all I did to record a soundclip was throw my Stedman SM-57 clone in front of the Vintage speaker angled in 45 degrees into my MBox and couldn't believe how well it recorded. I would post it but the clip is huge (78MB) and, honestly, I am embarrassed by my playing. Gotta get over that and jump right in. I'll post some soundclips at some point.

Thanks so much!!

George

• Members

Originally posted by denkst

Bob, all I did to record a soundclip was throw my Stedman SM-57 clone in front of the Vintage speaker angled in 45 degrees into my MBox and couldn't believe how well it recorded. I would post it but the clip is huge (78MB) and, honestly, I am embarrassed by my playing. Gotta get over that and jump right in. I'll post some soundclips at some point.

Thanks so much!!

George

No doubt about it, that amp records like a dream. Convert the wav to an mp3 and post that sucker. I'd like to hear it.

• Members

Originally posted by Bob Savage

No doubt about it, that amp records like a dream. Convert the wav to an mp3 and post that sucker. I'd like to hear it.

Bob, what would you use to do that conversion? I guess Pro Tools would be able to do that but I'd have to that later. But I'll post that soon.

Also, any recommendations on a website that would allow me to post that clip for free?

Thanks!

George

• Members

Bob, what would you use to do that conversion? I guess Pro Tools would be able to do that but I'd have to that later. But I'll post that soon.

Also, any recommendations on a website that would allow me to post that clip for free?

Thanks!

George

You could download CDEX, and I'm not certain, but Winamp might do it too. My favorite if I'm using something other than Samplitude, however, is LAME using the RazorLAME interface.

• Members

Originally posted by rydogg_sc2

Congrats, it is such a bad ass amp. I have had mine for about a month now and am just loving the hell out of it. I love how it makes a strat sound like a strat and a Les Paul sound like a Les Paul. It is super pedal friendly as well.

Yeah, I hear it works great with Keeley's Time Machine Boost. I even heard it works well with the stock Boss SD-1. Have to try that as I have an SD-1.

• Members

Thanks!

George

If you want, send it to me and I'll convert it for you. jbrault1@new.rr.com

• Members

Originally posted by Myron Stratis

Congrats!!! Flexi's are awesome!!!

Thanks Myron. That video you and Alex did was a deal closer for me as far as getting a flexi. Did I see somewhere that you have V30s in your THD 2x12?

Thanks.

George

• Members

Just got Bob Savage's Flexi 50 yesterday. Even at low volumes this mother sounds ballsy and full. Had the volume, boost and boost tone cranked, mids up, treble at noon and bass at 9 with master up to about a speaking tone level. Can't wait to dig in some more in my practice space and get those power tubes cooking. Wow! What a great product.

It's a fantastic amp. Disable the Master and run it through a Hot-Plate or Air Brake into some G12H30s, max out the Boost section, Cut and Mids, run the Treble anywhere from noon to 4:00 to taste, Bass below noon to taste, Volume anywhere up to about 3:00-4:00 to taste, and be prepared to wet yourself!!! :)

• Members

Guys my {censored}ing computer got infected with various trojan viruses and so consequently was unable to convert and post the soundfiles. I hate the Internet sometimes!!

So, once I'm up and running I'll submit some files.

George

• Members

Ed, Really? I thought the TMB was your fave. What's the SD9 (Maxon right?) do that the TMB doesn't?

George

It's the age old problem I keep running into with pedals that have hermanium transistors...In the crap places I play I get great radio reception.

If it weren't for that the TMB still be #1.

And yes it's the Maxon, started using it about 14 month ago.

• Members
Originally posted by maz_master

It's a fantastic amp. Disable the Master and run it through a Hot-Plate or Air Brake into some G12H30s, max out the Boost section, Cut and Mids, run the Treble anywhere from noon to 4:00 to taste, Bass below noon to taste, Volume anywhere up to about 3:00-4:00 to taste, and be prepared to wet yourself!!!
:)

Or alternately my new fave setting...everything at 2 o'lcock in the low gain input with the boost on.

• Members

the guy who wrote strats sound like strats lp sound.............. thanks a lot. that is what I'm looking for. Bob is this a less expensive way into almost boutique type tone or is it kinda of a generic way to really use guitar + pedal etc. to shape your tone. If there is any one thing I'm concerned about it is that it may not have a real distinctive tone like you know a marshal, mesa, etc. when you hear one. Also, it seems some love and some don't love it. I still love the erganomics of it. It is so not like every other amp out there.

• Members

Originally posted by keith335

the guy who wrote strats sound like strats lp sound.............. thanks a lot. that is what I'm looking for. Bob is this a less expensive way into almost boutique type tone or is it kinda of a generic way to really use guitar + pedal etc. to shape your tone. If there is any one thing I'm concerned about it is that it may not have a real distinctive tone like you know a marshal, mesa, etc. when you hear one. Also, it seems some love and some don't love it. I still love the erganomics of it. It is so not like every other amp out there.

I'm not Bob...but you tell me...

http://www.eddegenaro.com/html/hear_ed.html

Archived