ot: the solo on "Stranger in a strange land" (maiden)

dreamspace

• Members

Adrian Smith has to be one of the most underrated guitar players I know of...

he's killer..he might not be a ripper like Vai or anyone like that, but show me one solo that isn't tasteful and doesn't fit...I DEFY YOU TO FIND ONE! lol...

and his vibrato....to die for, man...

he's always been one of my favorites, ever since I was about 12 years old...great guitar player..

• Members

Originally posted by shreder75

Adrian Smith has to be one of the most underrated guitar players I know of...

he's killer..he might not be a ripper like Vai or anyone like that, but show me one solo that isn't tasteful and doesn't fit...I DEFY YOU TO FIND ONE! lol...

and his vibrato....to die for, man...

he's always been one of my favorites, ever since I was about 12 years old...great guitar player..

Yup. Him and Mathias frm the Scorps...tasteful as a mofo.

• Members

Murray and Smith compliment each other so damn well. Murray has that ridiculously fluid legato style, while Smith has a real staccato lead approach. You can always tell who's playing a solo. Watching Dave Murray toggle pickup postions like crazy during left hand hammers and pulls is too badass. m/

• Members

Originally posted by Megadeth7684

Murray and Smith compliment each other so damn well. Murray has that ridiculously fluid legato style, while Smith has a real staccato lead approach. You can always tell who's playing a solo. Watching Dave Murray toggle pickup postions like crazy during left hand hammers and pulls is too badass. m/

you're right about complimenting...they cut their teeth together and they meshed since day one..

while I find Murray to get too samey too quick, he does have his little nitch in the band..he is ridiculously fluid =)

• Members

Originally posted by JKD

No complaints on any of the tracks from Somewhere inTime....a kick arse album.

Was gonna listy my favorites when I realized the only song that might not make it on to the list is De Ja Vu. ;-)

and even that song's not that bad =) one of the few that murray actually wrote..lol

• Members
Originally posted by dreamspace

just wow...! one of my favs
:)
Anyone with me when I say that "Somewhere in time" kicks ass?

"somewhere in time" and "seventh son.."
:cool:

yes yes yes!!!! Somewhere and seventh are my favourite albums too...! GREAT SOUNDS....LOVELY SONGS.. Smith & Murray are always the best..:cool:

• Members

Originally posted by t-rave

It's sad that Adrian is pretty much designated to rhythm guitar while Janick "Parncing Homo" Gers takes 99% of his former leadwork....

ugh..don't even get me started....that dude blows....his tone sucks, his leads suck, his dancing sucks....

why they kept him in the band is beyond me..why bruce ever hooked up with such a sub par guitar player when he started doing his solo thing is beyond me..

man..just horrible

when I saw them at MSG, not only did Jerkoff, I mean, Janick start in with the opening riff of Two Minutes, he played the lead as well! I was PISSED!

• Members

yeah it's sad..Adrian hardly writes anymore either..

I feel the last Maiden album was one of there worst ever and if Adrian would have contributed more it could have been pretty good...

I almost threw that album out my sunroof when I first heard it..

I got it cause when I saw them last they played Wildest Dreams..and it sounded cool live..so I thought it was gonna be ok...I haven't bought a maiden album since no prayer for the dying...

don't get me wrong, I love maiden, and other bands..but I'm not above saying one of my bands put out a {censored} album..not what you'd call a blind fan

some of my friends who like maiden say it was a 'good effort'..what the hell is a good effort!!! it amazes me....

but, ranting aside..lol...yeah, the last album was a peice of human excrement...

• Members

It's sad that Adrian is pretty much designated to rhythm guitar while Janick "Prancing Homo" Gers takes 99% of his former leadwork....

WHY:confused: :confused: :confused:

OK, when Adrian was out of the band, it makes sense Janick would play his parts, but even when Adrian rejoins? I don't get it. Watching the live in Rio DVD pretty much shows why I will not see IM in concert until they dump Janick Gers.

Totally agree that Adrian is a great player though!

• Members

Originally posted by Big Hair

fear of the dark is a good album, as is brave new world

I think Ad smith wrote wickerman?

there's some cool tunes on them, but overall, I think they're tired albums...

fear of the dark has a couple cool ones...chains of mysery is a GREAT song...murray wrote that...and so's be quick or be dead..the rest of it is simply 'meh'...

I didn't care for brave new world..although I thought wickerman is another GREAT song...not sure if he wrote it or not..definetly sounds like his style..

• Members
Originally posted by thegame

WHY:confused:
:confused:
:confused:

OK, when Adrian was out of the band, it makes sense Janick would play his parts, but even when Adrian rejoins? I don't get it. Watching the live in Rio DVD pretty much shows why I will not see IM in concert until they dump Janick Gers.

Totally agree that Adrian is a great player though!

they really don't need three guitars anyway..yeah, they can have someone playing rythm while they have the harmonies, but they used to do fine without that third axe in there

• Members

Originally posted by ConcreteVampire

That's why I was Adrian in a tribute band!

I (obviously love his stuff) Very influential to my style, I usually wouldn't have entertained a "Tribute" but I could not say no... I miss it!

UP THE IRONS!

did ya change your hair style every 'tour' like adrian did? lol

maiden rules!

• Members
Originally posted by shreder75

did ya change your hair style every 'tour' like adrian did? lol

maiden rules!

LOL!!!
One thing I liked about Ad Smith is that eh did change. Murray still looks the same, plays same guitars etc as when he first started maiden. At least Smith has had different images, guitars etc etc :)

Archived