PRIDE Fight..

Dramius

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Followed it online. I can't wait to see Fedor and Crocop. I heard it was monumental. Love MMA! Over the past 3 years, I have really gotten into Pride and K-1. UFC is starting to get interesting with the Ultimate Fighter competition. I still think the best fighters in the world compete in Pride and K-1. I heard Silva looked uninspired. Personally, I think it is good for the scene that he lost. I read that Shogun dismantled everyone. I must admit I would have loved to see Silva and Shogun go at it for the final.

• Members

Fedor Emilanenko>All other mortal men on the planet earth.

I am very impressed that Cro Cop hung on the ground with him. He is the only guy in the world that can even hang on Fedor's level. No other heavyweight can even compete with him anymore. Undoubtedly the best fighter to ever grace the earth. He's owned everyone.

I think Shogun wouldn't have won had the Arona/Silva fight not been so grueling. Arona was too drained after that. I will take nothing away from Shogun though.

• Members

Originally posted by gibson5413

Followed it online. I can't wait to see Fedor and Crocop. I heard it was monumental. Love MMA! Over the past 3 years, I have really gotten into Pride and K-1. UFC is starting to get interesting with the Ultimate Fighter competition. I still think the best fighters in the world compete in Pride and K-1. I heard Silva looked uninspired. Personally, I think it is good for the scene that he lost. I read that Shogun dismantled everyone. I must admit I would have loved to see Silva and Shogun go at it for the final.

Shogun came out & went APE on Aronas ass!! Ida lost $$ on that one! :D Very cool! But really, Shoguns earlier fight wasnt that easy either. I think he was just mentally on fire! Fedor-Crocop was really good, but I wish it didnt make it to a decision.

Pride is my favorite of the fights, I think they get the better fighters bcuz they pay better than UFC. Either way I still enjoy watching some good UFC's or any good fights! ;)

• Members

Originally posted by presa_tito

:D Yup! He's definitly superhuman!

BTW Wizzard, I thought Cro might KO him if they were on their feet, but I figured if on the ground Fedor would tap him. Both men are extremely tough!

• Members

Originally posted by Wizard of Ozz

I really thought Mirko was going to KO him.
:(

He caught him quite a few times, Fedor has a pretty good chin (and nose)

seemed Mirko was a little tenative and overly cautious about making a mistake and getting taken out again, especially after the Randleman loss. That "over" respect I think was what took him out of his usual game.

Fedor is FAST for a guy with his physique, DAMN!

• Members

Fedor goes to show that physique is overated. He has the best cardio in the business and he lookes like your average big Joe. Not to say he's fat at all. He's just a thick, non defined guy. He played with fire standing with Cro Cop and it goes to show how good his standup is also. He was landing some viscous bombs and even some of his own kicks.

http://www.sherdog.com/videos/videos.asp?v_id=423

• Members

. I still think the best fighters in the world compete in Pride and K-1.

gonna have to disagree. I have seen sooo many more fighters in UFC that have more technique, strategy, and more intelligence than in pride. I was watching some older clips from pride fights, just doesnt have the same strategizing you see in UFC, lots of missed opportunities and what not. maybe its just me, but thats how I am seeing it.

Originally posted by presa_tito

meh, i dont think going to decision would = greatest, like in his fight against Ricardo Arona :D

• Members

Originally posted by nvcreations

gonna have to disagree. I have seen sooo many more fighters in UFC that have more technique, strategy, and more intelligence than in pride. I was watching some older clips from pride fights, just doesnt have the same strategizing you see in UFC, lots of missed opportunities and what not. maybe its just me, but thats how I am seeing it.

meh, i dont think going to decision would = greatest, like in his fight against Ricardo Arona
:D

He won the Arona fight and that was in RINGS. There's no strikes on the ground in that organization, which is his most dangerous weapon.

There's good fighters in the UFC also, but MMA is mainstream in Japan and they have the cash to get the best. I don't know if you were watching really old fights or not though. The game has evolved miles in 5 years alone. I don't like the way the UFC is turning into. They are pumping their reality show guys and turning it to more of a sloppy slugfest. They do have my favorite fighter though, St. Pierre. Hughes, watch out. St. Pierre is coming.

• Members

maybe its just me, but thats how I am seeing it.

meh, i dont think going to decision would = greatest, like in his fight against Ricardo Arona
:D

Its just you... Well, thats just how I see it ;) Ive watched em both from the beginning though. And Chuck Lidell, the current top dog in UFC, got aced in Pride by one of their OK fighters.

• Members

Originally posted by Dramius

Its just you... Well, thats just how I see it
;)
Ive watched em both from the beginning though. And Chuck Lidell, the current top dog in UFC, got aced in Pride by one of their OK fighters.

can you find me a link? I would like to see this, and also when was that?

• Members

can you find me a link? I would like to see this, and also when was that?

:( I dont have a link, BUT it was just on regular TV Fox Sports last night! He was Vs. Quinton Jackson, who is strong, but not a smart fighter really. I think it was around 2 yrs ago. . I got to meet Chuck once. Seems like a decent guy.

• Members

Its just you... Well, thats just how I see it
;)
Ive watched em both from the beginning though. And Chuck Lidell, the current top dog in UFC, got aced in Pride by one of their OK fighters.

Lidell was one of the ones I was thinking of. Belfort didn't have a great go in Pride (Overeem and Sakuraba). Don't get me wrong, I actually like Lidell, Franklin and Couture quite a bit. Even have nostalgia for Shamrock for one of the early proponants for shotgunning the sport. I would have to say that Hughes is my favorite UFC fighter. His second fight with Trigg is in my top 5 fights ever. What a comeback! I love watching a good fight either way. I'm actually surprised Baroni is having some success in Pride. I just believe that Crocop, Fedor, Vovchanchyn, Sakuraba, Quinton, Silva and the Noguira's are some of the best fighters in the world. All in Pride!

• Members

NVCREATIONS: go to www.subfighter.com and sign up for a free account. Lots of fight clips and I believe theres a clip of the Quinton Jackson / Liddell fight.

No offense, I love all MMA, but Pride has the best fighters. UFC brought MMA more into the mainstream though, and I give them lots of credit for that. As long as the reality TV drama machine doesnt cheapen the sport. Its probably inevitable though...

• Members

Originally posted by RonniePentatonic

No offense, I love all MMA, but Pride has the best fighters. UFC brought MMA more into the mainstream though, and I give them lots of credit for that. As long as the reality TV drama machine doesnt cheapen the sport. Its probably inevitable though...

I think you are right....since my first assumption was the UF 'reality' TV drama was all about a publicity shot in the arm for the UFC and not much else (wasting too much time on schoolboy 'drama'.)

Having said that, I really enjoyed watching some of the fights, not enough decent footage on the training sessions though IMO

K-1 have watched for years....it's cool for what it is and has some great athletic fighters.

Now everyone is talking it up, have to watch some Pride :-D

• Members

:(
I dont have a link, BUT it was just on regular TV Fox Sports last night! He was Vs. Quinton Jackson, who is strong, but not a smart fighter really. I think it was around 2 yrs ago. . I got to meet Chuck once. Seems like a decent guy.

Jackson would be a much better fighter if he could figure out a way from eating so many knees. Half of his last six fights ended with knees to the head. If you get a chance check out his knockout slam on Arona. Best slam ever in an mma event!

jacksonarona3hn.gif

• Members

Jackson would be a much better fighter if he could figure out a way from eating so many knees. Half of his last six fights ended with knees to the head. If you get a chance check out his knockout slam on Arona. Best slam ever in an mma event!

jacksonarona3hn.gif

Yes that is his weakness even though he has a hell of a chin. There's also a lot of speculation about how he found god and it has changed the way he fights. UFC is going to make this fight happen with Rampage and Chuck again I think.

Best staredown ever!

silva_rampage_staredown.gif

• Members

I forgot all about it until I saw RonniePentatonic's post. I got the show somewhere during the Arona vs. Silva fight. I'll have to watch the first 50 minutes another day.

I actually expected Fedor to finish Mirko, but the outcome was still what I expected. Mirko is a freak.

Anybody see the suplex slam he endured from Kevin Randleman? Just getting up after something like that is testimony to the fact that he's a freak of nature, but then he went on to take Randleman out. Bizarre...

• Members

I also watched the fight (Fedor vs Mirko) and i also thought that mirko was gonna KO him, i agree with the one who said that mirko appeared to be too cautious, affraid not to do some wrong moves. If only if he managed to do some of his trademark left kick, i don't think that fedor would've stayed on his feet

• Members

Originally posted by Mrmot

I also watched the fight (Fedor vs Mirko) and i also thought that mirko was gonna KO him, i agree with the one who said that mirko appeared to be too cautious, affraid not to do some wrong moves. If only if he managed to do some of his trademark left kick, i don't think that fedor would've stayed on his feet

When you're fighting somebody as dangerous as Fedor, you have to be that cautious or you won't make it through the fight.

Archived