OT: Thinking of booking a cruise...

SuperStrat

• Members

have I got a deal for you..you need to PM me..

my family has been in the Boat Chartering business for over 30 years..
I can give you pointers on how to get the biggest bang for your buck..

( PM me if you get this..)..

I can get you a private Island and 20 million boat if you want it..with a Helicpoter and a private massage women..anything you want..( just to give you some ideas..lol.)

• Members
Originally posted by Dave Owens

have I got a deal for you..you need to PM me..

my family has been in the Boat Chartering business for over 30 years..

I can give you pointers on how to get the biggest bang for your buck..

( PM me if you get this..)..

I can get you a private Island and 20 million boat if you want it..with a Helicpoter and a private massage women..anything you want..( just to give you some ideas..lol.)

LOL! And you call Terje a troll.... you had me right up until the helicopter.:D

• Members

I did a Bahamas cruise about 10 years ago, via Carnival. It was a very nice and enjoyable trip.

One interesting thing I remember, was that there were no cash transactions on the ship. When you boarded in Miami, you were issued a special credit card which was used for all on-board purchases. Once the cruise ended, you were given the option of either paying off the bill at the ticketing counter, or just letting the cruise line bill your regular credit card. As this was the only cruise I've ever been on, I have no idea if Carnival still does this -- or if other cruise lines do this... Either way, the system worked well :)

• Members

we went with Carnival for our honeymoon to the western carribean and we had a blast. Carnival is really setup more if you want to drink a lot and dance etc. If you just want to relax one of the other ones might be better. Per an ex travel agent friend I just went through Carnival directly and got a good deal, I would do it again but I think next vacation we are going to go to a resort instead, they are cheaper if you consider that drinks are usually included, that can add up quick!

• Members

I got to go on a holland america cruise with my family a few years ago. It was a sit around and eat all day and be surrounded by old people kinda deal. The stops were great though (scandinavia and germany, russia etc.). Definitely not a party boat, lol.

• Members

With many cruises under my belt I can recommend them as one of the best vacation deals. Especially Carnival is great for price versus amenities.

I would always recommend a 7 day cruise as 3 or 4 just isn't enough to get your sea legs and you may be miserable the first few. Also the bigger ships are more stable and roomy, so try to stay in the 100 ton class, 75 ton minimum, unless you are a sailor.

While the Bahamas are cheap there is no comparison to the Caribbean. St. Thomas is a favorite of mine. You can't believe the water. Snorkeling St. Johns is awesome too.

Most all cruises do require a credit card to charge to throughout the cruise. They also add in tips automatically now, so be prepared for this expense. A lot of people are unaware of tip policies, but basically you pay about $10 a day per person in tips. Still it's a deal because the service you get is fantastic.

If you haven't traveled out of the US lately they are strict about having a Passport and it takes about 4 weeks to get one. You can get the forms at a post office or on the web.

As far as price you can get deals direct from Carnivals site and most travel sites including Expedia, etc. They also have specials all the time to try and fill vacancies, so if you are flexible just keep an eye out. Best time to cruise is Dec, Jan, Feb, and Mar, because they are not hurricane months, although the seas can be rough anytime so you never know.

I can't guarantee you totally love your first one (I hated my first), but the second, third, fourth, ... just get more enjoyable. If you like to eat you will be in heaven.

• Members

there really isnt anything I "cant" get you..

you want a private Jet.???
you want and Island..???
You want the a boat with a helicopter that can land on the back end..??
You want to go to Greece.??.. BVI's.??
Northwest territories.??? New England.???

You want a BareBoat.??.. you and and the Misus's .or G/F.???
cheap.???. less then $3000..I can set you up..

You want a 60 foot Catamaran..??? sleeps 8..??
done..

theres a price for everything..:)

Archived