My secret in-the-closet band is:

17 Tubes

• Members

The Outfield.

I have been trying to reproduce that clean...yet edgy tone. It's usually either too thin or too....overdriven. And the solo tone is very cool.

the vocals and production are OUTstanding (hah).

I know...GAYYYAAYY. But dammitt, I can cop Iced Earth easier than the the Outfield.....even if they do love their E-B-A progressions a bit too much.

• Members

I had one of those little Gallian Krueger 250 MLs? back in the late 80s. A strat through that thing nailed the Outfield sound as well as a lot of Alex Lifeson's tones from the late 80s and early 90s. The amp had two really small speakers but if you ran it into a Marshall 4x12 it rocked. I think it was 125 watts per side. I should have kept that amp just for that tone.

• Members

Originally posted by 17 Tubes

The Outfield.

I have been trying to reproduce that clean...yet edgy tone. It's usually either too thin or too....overdriven. And the solo tone is very cool.

the vocals and production are OUTstanding (hah).

I know...GAYYYAAYY. But dammitt, I can cop Iced Earth easier than the the Outfield.....even if they do love their E-B-A progressions a bit too much.

screw that, I'll flat out admit it... I love The Outfield.

Play Deep is a great album that I listened to quite extensively in my whipper snapper days :)

• Members

Originally posted by TU BE

I like Depeche Mode and The Cure.

Not ashamed of it though, but I figured some people would consider their music to be ghey.

nah, those are both respectable bands actually. Not stuff I will sit down and listen to much but really good music either way.

• Members

oh God...my bass player wanted us to learn use your love and put it in a medley...the end just dragged..and dragged..and dragged...and he's like, that's how it goes!

I'm like, I don't give a {censored}..it's a medly...it's too {censored}in' long..

we've since dropped that medley..heh

• Members

Originally posted by TU BE

I like Depeche Mode and The Cure.

Not ashamed of it though, but I figured some people would consider their music to be ghey.

In college, we turned several metalheads onto Robert Fuckin' Smith. The Cure do do some fruitier stuff but their heavy jams are pretty cool.

Not Depeche Mode though...:eek:

• Members

Originally posted by SgtThump

There's a shocker... We've already established your band as a "Flock of Duran Duran" tribute band.

WHAT'S THIS "WE" STUFF?....

There's no "we"....

....whatever. Do your chaps still fit your fat ass?

Archived