Dumb Question, why 2 amps?

Sunchaser

• Members

I see a lot of bands these days use 2 amps, like a Fender and a Vox, or Fender and Mesa Boogie, or whatever.

So do they actually switch between the 2 amps for clean and dirty sounds, or do they play thru them simultaneously (and isn't this a mission trying to get all your effects sounding good in both amps?)

thanks all

• Members

some combine two amps but most often they are setup to have a clean and a dirty tone. With loops and routers you assign the pedals and fx to whatever amp you prefer. I have tred it a few times but I have a hard time dealing with the sound changing source (location) when switched. It plays a trick on my mind and feels un-natural to me. But it's pretty cool to run two of the same, like two fenders and use a stereo chorus and delay. It sounds huge and is very addictive:)

• Members

i a/b/y both my bogners at the same time. its like opening a black hole to hell and everytime you strike a note satan jump out and punches you in the nuts. so basically you can get the best of both worlds to come up with a tone very unique to yourself...

• Members
Originally posted by Shiny_Surface

If you had an amp switcher, you could switch between the heads through one cabinet and not be disoriented
:)

only if the cab has 2 or more speakers, and wire each with a separate input to each amp. I thought of that too but decided to not explore the dual setup any further. But that would probably help:D

Archived