OT: Mac or PC?

gunslinger

• Members

if I had to choose one based solely on the operating system - if you don't count programs games etc

I'd go with mac because the OS is much more secure and streamlined. I don't like how you can't open a contextual menu and create a new document with it though.
haha

ben

• Members

10 computers...

I started out on Macs..8100/ 140 laptop..(a collectors item if you can find one.)..7200, mac, a Mac clone , a G3 laptop , 2 big ass DELL's
one with Dual Screens (966/ 1 gig of ram )..a Gateway PC laptop
a brand new DELL XPS w/80 gig hard drive, with another 120 gig xternal
a 1/2 dozen xternal hard drives , 1/2 dozen zip drives,a Photo printer
3 cable modems,2 CD burners, 35 mm scanner, 2 flat bed scanners,
$1500 paper printer..plus my copier ($15K)

and now im looking for a new Apple...one of the ones with a Dual board..
recording and graphics...

• Members

This thread is rather moot considering all Macs will be on Intel hardware in about a year or so. I give the hackers about a year or less afterwards to crack the hardware/software protection so even AMD/non Mac-Intel users can install OSX. Apple is soon to become nothing more than a software house who also specializes in "tech-gizmos" like the IPod. All in IMHO.

• Members

Until 7 months ago I would have said PC.

2 months ago I went back to PC.

There's nothing wrong with either, if the system is properly maintained. Granted there is less maintenance required on Mac, and less potential for security breach, if you maintain your PC you should be more than happy with its performance.

The availability of software for PC is obviously and vastly superior, that is, if you need it.

To each his own, but give me a decked out PC anyday.

• Members

Originally posted by M-III

This thread is rather moot considering all Macs will be on Intel hardware in about a year or so. I give the hackers about a year or less afterwards to crack the hardware/software protection so even AMD/non Mac-Intel users can install OSX. Apple is soon to become nothing more than a software house who also specializes in "tech-gizmos" like the IPod. All in IMHO.

People are already running OSX on Intel chips.

• Members

Mac....not because I think there is anything wrong with a well maintained XP system..but because:

1. I am a fashion victim and love all the sexy Apple H/W and OSX :-/
2. Got fed up of being 'PC tech support' for family and friends :-D
3. Deep down, a part of me wants to be special (take that whatever way you will)...being in a downtrodden minority acheives this. ;-)
4. I don't really play games....gave it up 10 years ago or more
5. I'm sure there's more....

• Members

If you had asked this question 5 years ago..... I would have laughed at the mac option.

But..... MAC OSX rules. I love the look and ease of use.

My next computer will be a mac for sure if only for security reasons.

I'm tired of hearing:

WINDOWS virus
WINDOWS virus
WINDOWS virus
WINDOWS virus
WINDOWS virus
WINDOWS virus

"mac has viruses tooooo"

"WHADEVAH!!"

Archived