rockerverb, dsl50, cobra, or bogner?

fetuspetus

• Members

haha I figured that'd get some peoples' attentions.

Ok so I play in this band: http://www.myspace.com/omelas

my style is like afi meets underoath as far as guitar... kinda the punk/alt crap you know... hah.

anyway I have a gibson sg into an orange ad140 tc into an orange 4x12.

I'm getting a PRS custom 22 I love the way the damned thing sounds...

I am unhappy with my head though... I have owned a dsl50 and a mesa dual recto before and right now... this orange amp is too vintage and too dark for my sound.

I am thinking of getting a rockerverb but I can't try it in my band first so I'm afraid it will be too dark... though I did enjoy it at the dealer.

the mesa was too dark for me as well.. plus I have a real issue of clarity with that amp, and I don't like having to dial in so slightly.

I loved the dsl50 but it was kinda limited cuz of the eq.. and it was fizzy. The orange cab really beefed up the sound though...

So I don't know what I should get.... bah. I don't think its the cab.. though the cab is thicker sounding and darker than most cabs.

I feel all wishy washy.

Feel free to suggest to me amps and why.

• Members

Originally posted by fetuspetus

I am unhappy with my head though... I have owned a dsl50 and a mesa dual recto before and right now... this orange amp is too vintage and too dark for my sound.

I am thinking of getting a rockerverb but I can't try it in my band first so I'm afraid it will be too dark... though I did enjoy it at the dealer.

Orange Rockerverb is too dark? :confused:

I always felt that the Rockerverb's that I've heard and demo'd were anything but dark. Had kind of a high-midrange sizzle that I thought sounded amazing. I will agree that the Recto is a dark amp but not the Rockerverb.

Although some may think it would look a little funny in punk backline........I would have no problem throwing that sucker on top of my Vader 4x12 and blasting some death metal riffs.

• Members

Its the main one on my mind right now... you don't think it will be too dark for me?

ben

the Rockerverb is a bit dark, but not much. I'd call it "Fat" as opposed to dark. I have my treble dimed and it'll definelty cut through the mix. I've owned this amp for 9 months now and it still puts a smile on my face everytime I play it.

• Members

Originally posted by AmpliFIRE

the Rockerverb is a bit dark, but not much. I'd call it "Fat" as opposed to dark. I have my treble dimed and it'll definelty cut through the mix. I've owned this amp for 9 months now and it still puts a smile on my face everytime I play it.

Plus you can knock back the bass and treble and really cut through.

The EQ is incredible with the Rockerverb...

• Members

i got the rockerverb 50 and it's not dark at all...until recently: i was using it with my beloved Marshall 4x12 (with2 Greenback and 2 G12h100) then i bought the 2x12 Orange and now it's way too dark and boomy...

I guess i was wrong thinking that the Orange cab would be the perfect match for my Orange head :confused:

• Members

Originally posted by dallasexplosion

i got the rockerverb 50 and it's not dark at all...until recently: i was using it with my beloved Marshall 4x12 (with2 Greenback and 2 G12h100) then i bought the 2x12 Orange and now it's way too dark and boomy...

I guess i was wrong thinking that the Orange cab would be the perfect match for my Orange head
:confused:

Mine sounds AMAZING through my 71 Marshall cab loaded w/ pre rola Greenbacks. It also sounds pretty good through my v30 loaded Mesa cab.

• Members

I thougfht in the store it sounded a lot brighter than the ad140 I own.

maybe its my orange cab that is causing the unwanted darkness?

ben

Orange cabs are known to be a darker sounding cab...

Actually, Orange in general is known for a darker kind of sound...

• Members

haha I figured that'd get some peoples' attentions.

Ok so I play in this band:

my style is like afi meets underoath as far as guitar... kinda the punk/alt crap you know... hah.

anyway I have a gibson sg into an orange ad140 tc into an orange 4x12.

I'm getting a PRS custom 22 I love the way the damned thing sounds...

the mesa was too dark for me as well.. plus I have a real issue of clarity with that amp, and I don't like having to dial in so slightly.

I loved the dsl50 but it was kinda limited cuz of the eq.. and it was fizzy. The orange cab really beefed up the sound though...

So I don't know what I should get.... bah. I don't think its the cab.. though the cab is thicker sounding and darker than most cabs.

I feel all wishy washy.

Feel free to suggest to me amps and why.

Maybe it's you ...

Archived