Engl 530 clip

textdivine

• Members

Engl 530 Clip

Had a {censored}ty mic, no stand...so the sound quality isn't great but you should get the idea.

The rig -

Engl 530 preamp

Peavey Classic 120/120 poweramp

G-Major (only used noise gate)

Vader 4x12

I plan on getting a better mic and a stand this week. Let me know what you think. I also plan on better riffs

:D

• Members

Originally posted by BrendanO

Still sounds pretty good. What setting did you use?

I'm looking at an 530 myself, and was just debating starting a thread asking for 530 clips. Read my mind, dude.

If only they were to be had used...

Well, the one thing w/ the 530 is that isn't as much gain or low end as the Powerball so I have them almost dimed. But I tap into the resonance in my poweramp which was under 5 and the G-major has an eq I didnt mess w/ so you can definatley get low end from somewhere.

For me the gain is perfect, I don't really need more but you could always run a tube screamer or something in front. Again, I was worried about the low end w/ the Engl by itself but w/ my poweramp and G-major there is no worries.

I definatley recommend it just for price, the cleans are fantastic and w/ the right poweramp/cab it is killer. I am happy.

• Members

Is it just me or does every Engl clip posted on here sound exactly the same? No matter who's playing it, or which one of their amps it is, it sounds like an Engl... I'm not sure I like that tone, but I guess death metallers would love it.

• Members

Originally posted by blargh

Is it just me or does every Engl clip posted on here sound exactly the same? No matter who's playing it, or which one of their amps it is, it sounds like an Engl... I'm not sure I like that tone, but I guess death metallers would love it.

I'm kinda disappointed with the clip. And yeah...I agree with you. Every Engl I hear sounds incredibly generic.

-Joe

• Members

Originally posted by BrendanO

Still sounds pretty good. What setting did you use?

I'm looking at an 530 myself, and was just debating starting a thread asking for 530 clips. Read my mind, dude.

If only they were to be had used...

You know whats funny, my first tube head was an ultra 60. I guess great minds think alike!

referring to your sig ;)

• Members

Originally posted by textdivine

Just curious, what is disappointing?

Personally I don't like the tone. It sounds kinda...dead or something. Thats what I thought about almost all the ENGL clips I've heard. Theres no real liveliness to the tone. But thats just my opinion...of course lots of people love Engls.

-Joe

• Members

Originally posted by OverDriven

Personally I don't like the tone. It sounds kinda...dead or something. Thats what I thought about almost all the ENGL clips I've heard. Theres no real liveliness to the tone. But thats just my opinion...of course lots of people love Engls.

-Joe

Yeah I hear what you are saying definatley, I absolutley HATE, HATE Mesa Boogie triple/dual rectifiers and people love them.

I absolutley love Engl and will probably only use there {censored} for now on. I love the tone. I know for a fact that the clip doesnt do it justice because when I used to hear Powerball clips I liked it but not blown away but then when I bought it...:eek: I finally found gear that I like!

• Members

Originally posted by Megadeth7684

First let me say I {censored}ing love those harmonies in there. I think the whole clip is badass playing/writing wise. The tone was pretty good also IMO, a bit hollow sounding though. But I liked the harmonies too much to care. m/

Thanks bro! Yeah the Vader cab has a little hollow feel but thats because it can handle 480 watts! I think once it gets cranked it will be real nice. Thanks for the riff comments, I actually did those really quick. Just basic 3rd minors, in a harmonic minor scale.

Archived