Got a Randall rg100, ?'s about settings, footswitch, pedals etc...

anomaly

• Members

Just got this thing in the mail today (paid 190$ american for it). I'm pretty happy with this thing. I'm running it through an avatar 2X12 with v30's and It's WAY louder than I expected the thing to be, it just cranks for an SS amp, haven't even had it past 3 yet. So far I'm dialing in a really nice clean tone, and a good Marshally late 70s, early 80's distorted tone out of it. So how are those high gain tones acheived? (I'm thinking (Pantera, Crowbar) cause on it's own it doesn't seem to have nearly enough gain. Should I pick up a boost and a EQ pedal or something? That's how I hear it's done.

Oh and it didn't come with a footswitch, are there any out there I can pick up as a replacement? Does it have to be a matching randall footswitch?

Oh... and share some setting any of you rg100 owners use, I'd love to try them out. This things presence dial seems to really shape the tone alot, very buzzy when high but turned back alot it really sounds nice and warm.

Sorry for the long post, I'm just excited cause this is actually my first decent amp after 9 years of playing guitar. :eek:

Archived