Is it just me or is GC ruining EBAY?

Sordid1

• Members

I used to think ebay was pretty cool but lately almost everything I see on there is from Guitar Center and is way overpriced. It makes it hard to sort through to the decent priced stuff you were wanting in the first place. I almost think they should seperate ebay in to regular consumer and dealers to make it easier to deal with.

• Members

Hey guys you can filter out there auctions in your searchs, and yes they are douches. They take the K mart approach to selling things, i hate them. We used to have an awesome guitar store here in town, then a {censored}ing GC comes to town, well whaddaya knoW?! my fav store,,,, gone, assholes.

• Members

Originally posted by tlbonehead

Not sure what you are looking at but I'd say MAYBE 1 out of 1000 items I've looked at was from a GC. Doesn't quite qualify as "everything".

Well thank the {censored}ing heavens I didn't say everything tlbonehead saw on Ebay because that would have been a false statement then. Recently I have been looking at a lot of PRS guitars and a good portion of them are from GC. I have seen them on other things as well so it's not just those.

• Members

Originally posted by aeonrevolution

Nuh uh....

I have heard that more than once (them owning HC that is) and I guess it doesn't bother me. I don't have an issue with GC in general it's just their bombarding EBAY with overpriced auctions on the stuff I want to buy. I understand I could filter them out but that isn't the point.

• Members
Originally posted by Sordid1

Well thank the {censored}ing heavens I didn't say everything tlbonehead saw on Ebay because that would have been a false statement then. Recently I have been looking at a lot of PRS guitars and a good portion of them are from GC. I have seen them on other things as well so it's not just those.

Yep,I guess that's a good thing,huh?

• Members

Originally posted by aeonrevolution

I'm not sure I believe that or not...if they really did don't you think there would be GC Spam all over the main page? I mean they don't seem like someone who would hold back on letting people know they're involved.

There is musicians friend spam all over the front page usually and it's the same parent company, they own the B-52 amp company as well.

• Members
Originally posted by Sordid1

There is musicians friend spam all over the front page usually and it's the same parent company, they own the B-52 amp company as well.

I didn't know that. B-52 has been around for quite some time. How long has MF/GC owned them?

• Members

Originally posted by tlbonehead

I didn't know that. B-52 has been around for quite some time. How long has MF/GC owned them?

I don't think it's been very long. I know one of the guys that works at our GC and he said they just bought the company. I talked to him about a month ago about it so it hasn't been long. He did say the B52 amps were doing very well for them, the one I played sounded much better than I thought it would to be honest.

Archived