Please remember the Gulf Coast...

jdd48

• Members

I live in Louisiana 120 miles away from where New Orleans, which ended up being just barely outside of the storm's reach. The city holds special meaning for me. I frequently visit. Anyone who has ever been knows that visiting can be a blast. Not only that, but it's history is amazing. It almost brings tears to my eye to see the shambles that the city is in. Dead bodies in flood water, wrecked homes, looting, people losing everything... it's just a really sad situation. I hope the city can eventually recover, but I know it will probably never be the same again. This is an event that people will talk about and feel the effects of for a long time.

• Members

Yea... I guess it's quite easy to crack jokes when you're not directly involved in a tradgedy like this. The worst part wasn't even the storm... the worst part is now. 100 degree humid heat, no air conditioning, no drinkable water, food supplies running short, mosquitos multiplying quickly, etc, etc. It makes me cringe to even think of it.

• Members

Originally posted by jdd48

Yea... I guess it's quite easy to crack jokes when you're not directly involved in a tradgedy like this. The worst part wasn't even the storm... the worst part is now. 100 degree humid heat, no air conditioning, no drinkable water, food supplies running short, mosquitos multiplying quickly, etc, etc. It makes me cringe to even think of it.

Thanks for this thread, nice to see a serious one! I am not involved directly but I love this country. This effects us all and it is a sick childish {censored} who could make fun of fellow Americans suffering.

God Bless America, the American Red Cross and the brave men and women of the US Coast Guard who are saving hundreds if not thousands of stranded survivers.

• Members

I cannot imagine what it must be like. I was walking in my neighbourhood today and I was thinking, what would this look like under 10 feet of water?

There was some guy on CNN saying how he lost grip of his wife's hand on their roof and she told him to take care of the kids. That kicked me in the chest.

How people can make light of something like that is absolutely insane, but hey, insensitive assholes like that will get theirs.

• Members

I now live 60 miles from what is now a 3rd world country... There's more than what the news is showing, at least when I was watching earlier... There's whole sections of the city and surrounding area that they're not showing because of the number of floating bodies. I guess they don't want that on the news.

• Members
Originally posted by cloudnine

There was some guy on CNN saying how he lost grip of his wife's hand on their roof and she told him to take care of the kids. That kicked me in the chest.

I just saw that video...i almost dropped a tear... :(

• Members

Originally posted by guitarman967

I agree and feel your pain as I have realtives down there. It blows my mind that formites like Bob Savage can start spoof Threads About "The problem about surviviors ETC.. Well see what's up when Cali falls into the sea dude.

It doesn't take much to blow your mind, so this comes as no big surprise. Aside from that, the spoof wasn't towards victims, but remember, a bung picking, fingier sniffing orangutan like you wouldn't realize that.

• Members

Originally posted by cloudnine

....How people can make light of something like that is absolutely insane, but hey, insensitive assholes like that will get theirs.

+1 --- of that, you can be very sure, my friend.

Archived