decrepit birth is really awesome

superpoo

• Members

They're {censored}ing awesome....except....

The production on and time begins is TERRIBLE! Admittedly so by Matt (their guitarist/main writer) Plus the drums are so adultered that they're hardly even drums :(

However!

HC Howard of Odium Morten is now playing drums for them, and he is {censored}ing awesome! There's video footage of him on the DB forum at smnnews.com. Talk about putting your head through a wall....KC is a {censored}ing monster!!

• Members
Originally posted by Sty1es

Oh, and if you think Decrepit is crazy, you owe it to yourself to check out Beneath the Massacre.
:eek:

i heard the song you can download off their site or whatever.. its definitely good. checkout severed savior if you havent already.

• Members

Severed Savior is also {censored}ing awesome. Mike's on my myspace friends list :) He also happens to be a real knowledgable nice guy who posts on this forum pretty often. Definately one of the better more original guitarists in the death metal scene.

• Members

Severed Savior is also {censored}ing awesome. Mike's on my myspace friends list
:)
He also happens to be a real knowledgable nice guy who posts on this forum pretty often. Definately one of the better more original guitarists in the death metal scene.

oh sweet! their riffs are so {censored}ing awesome i want to put my head through a wall also. i love death metal. :D

• Members

HC Howard of Odium Morten is now playing drums for them, and he is {censored}ing awesome! There's video footage of him on the DB forum at smnnews.com. Talk about putting your head through a wall....KC is a {censored}ing monster!!

Yes, the video footage there is amazing! I wish they would just release a cd/dvd of the jam room videos so I could hear everything that the guitars are doing. And to watch KC tear it up.

• Members

They're {censored}ing awesome....except....

The production on and time begins is TERRIBLE! Admittedly so by Matt (their guitarist/main writer) Plus the drums are so adultered that they're hardly even drums
:(

However!

that prelude to the apocalypse video was insane :eek: he makes it look so easy.

• Members
Originally posted by superpoo

that prelude to the apocalypse video was insane
he makes it look so easy.

No way man. He looks like he's going to die the whole time! :) Still a monster by all means!

If you havn't heard Odius Mortem you should problem check them out too!

• Members
Originally posted by JLeurck

I actually haven't heard any of these bands, but their names are damned near making me shoot coffee through my nose they are so funny. Is that their intention, or am I just not getting it?
:confused:

you should listen to dying fetus and cattle decapitation :)

• Members

I think I'm getting confused with where you multiply two negatives and get a positive result:

(-) x (-) = (+)

or in the English language, where double negatives can often mean exactly the opposite of what you're trying to say........these band names are like:

(dark, evil word) + (dark, evil word) = :) (funny!)

"The Partridge Family" is actually more fearsome sounding name for a band than some of these. Then again, I grew up in the era of imaginative, one-word names like "Boston", "Kansas", "Queen", "Foreigner", etc. But at least the guys from Boston were from Boston, the guys from Queen were, well, at least one of them anyhow, and half of the guys from Foreigner were from a different country, so that would make them half-way correct. I'm guessing the guys in these bands aren't even really evil - probably pretty nice guys:confused:

• Members

Originally posted by cloudnine

Hey, I thought Cannibal Corpse was a joke band once upon a time. It happens to us all.

But you should read their lyrics some time. Hil-effin-larious.

I may have actually heard some of this, but I just don't remember. I am going to check some of this out. My curiosity is getting the better of me! I'll keep an open mind - I know some of the bands in this genre can riff like hell, but does anyone else think these names are just a little, ummmm.............over-the-top in a Spinal Tap "Stonehenge" sort of way?

• Members

I definately think that alot of Death Metal band names (and song names, and album names, etc) are meant to be comedic on a certain level. It's kind of weird and self defeating but I think thats the point.

To me at least, lots of Death Metal kind of says...words don't really matter, its about musicianship, aggression and a certain groove.

Of course there are more than enough Death Metal bands that dont follow that, i.e. Hate Eternal who have great lyrics, IMO.

Bands like Devourment, Gorgasm, etc definately live up to that standard though.

Archived