guitar research amps

72 bonne

• Members

Ok what's the deal, Are these any good or not?

I'm thinking about the amp with the 4x8" extension speaker. They are cheap enough and the samash website talks a good story but what's the real truth. Will they cut through in a band, what type of sounds can be expected, do they even sound like a tube amp.

Thanks for any input.

• Members
Originally posted by 72 bonne

Ok what's the deal, Are these any good or not?

I'm thinking about the amp with the 4x8" extension speaker. They are cheap enough and the samash website talks a good story but what's the real truth. Will they cut through in a band, what type of sounds can be expected, do they even sound like a tube amp.

Thanks for any input.

I see you tried to PM me. Here's my e-addy. tlbonehead@yahoo.com

• Members

They're pretty good.My buddy plays one and he cuts through well and we get pretty loud.3 guitars , bass , lead singer , and a crazy drummer.The 64t I believe its called.The sound of the disto is creamy and I've heard ppl compliment his tone.For the brief time I played it I was surprised by the sound but felt it fell short of the dynamics found in a pure tube amp.

• Members

Originally posted by LoathinMcHatred

They're pretty good.My buddy plays one and he cuts through well and we get pretty loud.3 guitars , bass , lead singer , and a crazy drummer.The 64t I believe its called.The sound of the disto is creamy and I've heard ppl compliment his tone.For the brief time I played it I was surprised by the sound but felt it fell short of the dynamics found in a pure tube amp.

What type of amps do the other guitarist use and what type of music do you all play if ya don't mind me asking.

Archived