How close is the g-major compared to big brother g force??

bstark777

• Members

Originally posted by bstark777

Especially in the detune/pitch area. I like using slight detune for chorus. I know the g force probably kills, but how does the little brother compare?? also how are the delays?

thanks in advance.

G-Major = LTD

Gforce = '89 48st. ESP

• Members

I just picked up the G-Major/G-Minor last week and I think it is great! So many features in a one space rack unit its unbelievable. The G-Major does not color your tone at all (tried a couple different things) and when you change presets complete spillover doesnt sound unnatural at all.

I could go on and on...so my point is that if the G-Major is this good the G-Force is probably crazy. But I do know the G-Force doesnt have relays for amp switching and for me, that is really important.

• Members

Originally posted by bstark777

Especially in the detune/pitch area. I like using slight detune for chorus. I know the g force probably kills, but how does the little brother compare?? also how are the delays?

thanks in advance.

The G-Major is a good unit with loads of quality control issues. Do a google search and you'll be amazed. When they work they sound quite good but I don't recommend them.

That said the micro pitch is good. Not as good as a G-Force or a Lexicon MPX1 though. For the money, I'd get a used MPX1 as they are far better for pitch, delay and reverb while being about the same price when used.

Archived