Amp companies that don't post clips on their websites

Tonally Anal

• Members

Originally posted by Tonally Anal

I know it's not the same as trying one out in person, but it's still pretty useful for narrowing down what you're looking for.

I agree, as long as the clips are of "good" quality.

In any event, don't be surprised if the "clips are useless" crowd comes along soon to clue you in...

• Members

Originally posted by Tonally Anal

Hearing them in a song and hearing them played solo are very different. It wouldn't be too hard to have someone play through a bunch of amps and post mp3's on their website.

I will mostly put clips on my site which are in the context of a song. Having "barenaked" clips can be a huge mistake, since most people are used to listening to the guitar in the context of a song. When you play guitar by yourself, it's different from how you record a single track. Listening to that single track vs. listening to yourself play through the amp isn't a great comparison, and listening to that single track vs. listening to a song isn't a great comparison.

Unless you're the kind of person who has spent a fair bit of time recording, a basic track without any background music won't sound nearly as good as you expect. There are less of this type of person than you might think.

Clips like that can make a mfg lose sales.

Archived