Gallien Krueger ML250 Replacement Speakers

russellmorr

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Hi !

I'm searching replacement speakers from France and it's quite difficult !

I saw this on Harmony central reviews :

I purchased my GK 250ML on eBay in July of 2005. I paid $250 for the used one but it arrived with one bad speaker. I contacted Gallien Krueger. Although the original speakers were made by Pyle, GK offers an Eminence replacement for $54.00

I just don't know wich Eminence speaker it is....

The original pyle is a 6.5", 75W, 16ohm.

Eminence offers the LA6 serie but they are 8ohm speakers.

So, here i am...

Regards

• 5 months later...
  • Members

I have a 260ML and it uses pyle speakers. But me and a friend have both had the 250 since they came out in the late 80s and the foam suraound had rotted away. I found a 6-1/2" foam repair kit and we rebuilt both amps and they work good as new.

Dont replace the speakers because they have a good tone that you wont be able to replace. Just fix them its not very hard.

If you want i can do it. The kit we used was about $6. came with the rings and the glue with some instructions. The hard part is getting them out they are so packed in there. Once you get them out its easy.

I dont know who makes the kit it looked like some one just got the rings in bulk and makde a kit with the glue bottle and the rings in a baggie.

• 2 years later...
  • Members

Hiya - this may seem like a stoopid question, but does anyone have a disassembly guide for a Series II 250ML? I'm not sure how to get the thing apart to replace my speakers (lots of screws, but I'm not sure which I should be removing!)

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

It is actually pretty easy to get replacement speakers I went to both my local Guitar Center and Sam Ash stores and got quotes from both. I decided to order mine up from Sam Ash, because for a big box {censored}ty instrument store I have a little more respect for Sam Ash than I do for Guitar Center.

• Members

Hiya - this may seem like a stoopid question, but does anyone have a disassembly guide for a Series II 250ML? I'm not sure how to get the thing apart to replace my speakers (lots of screws, but I'm not sure which I should be removing!)

Thanks in advance!

I used to have one and took it apart a couple times for repairs.

The top zillion screws just takes the top panel off exposing the circuits in the amp.

To get to the speakers, the side panels have to come off. There's a big screw in the center of each side that doesn't do jack {censored}... I think that was for a swivel mount.

I seem to remember having to take the grill off too, then the speakers come off by removing the front screws and then sliding the speaker out the side.

I don't think you can open the cab up more than that... If I remember correctly, the chassis is bent around and then sealed.

Archived