Wow, how does Bloodbath's guitar tone sound so clear in A tuning???

Megadeth7684

• Members

the tone on that second album is very much the dude from katatonias tone - i think he calls himself blackheim or something. - He had a band called diabolical masquerade - the tone was very similair.

as far as i know - he was the guitarist for bloodbath - swano was the drummer.

• Members

Originally posted by Megadeth7684

What amps and guitars do these guys play, their stuff is in B and A on 6 string guitars, and the tone is so clear and heavy. It isn't muddy at all. I'm refering to the second album by the way.

Clear and heavy? Simpel... B A R I T O N E guitar. You won't believe how big the difference is before you try.

• Members

www.bloodbath.biz

Swano and Anders Nystrom aka Blackheim (Blakkkheim is his eBay user name) regularly chat up the users on the forum AND usually offer first choice when it comes to personal equipment sales and stuff. Pretty cool guys.

Tone on Resurrection through Carnage = Boss Heavy Metal (before it became Metal Zone)

As far as Blackheim's guitar sound. He uses a custom built guitar from ES guitars: http://www.esguitars.com/

(he's the goofy fella on the front page covered in a blood (paint) soaked t-shirt - pic taken at Wacken Metal Fest.)

• Members

Originally posted by rawhedrex

the tone on that second album is very much the dude from katatonias tone - i think he calls himself blackheim or something. - He had a band called diabolical masquerade - the tone was very similair.

as far as i know - he was the guitarist for bloodbath - swano was the drummer.

Diabolical Masquerede - Death's Design is one of the best albums EVER in my opinion!

• Members

Originally posted by euclid

Tone on Resurrection through Carnage = Boss Heavy Metal (before it became Metal Zone)

Well really, the Heavy Metal (HM-2) became the Hyper Metal (HM-3, which was quite bollocks really). The Heavy Metal is nothing like the MT-2 from what I recall, although it's been several years since I owned either.

• Members

Originally posted by DeadNight Warrior

Well really, the Heavy Metal (HM-2) became the Hyper Metal (HM-3, which was quite bollocks really). The Heavy Metal is nothing like the MT-2 from what I recall, although it's been several years since I owned either.

:) I run my Heavy Metal through a Fender Champ for the ultimate in metal-dom! It's also a pretty good laugh.

• Members

It's not THAT hard to get a clear tone in A-tuning. I have my jackson in A# right now (god knows why). I just add a lot of high-end and cut a lot of low end. Tweak to perfection with an external EQ et voila: clear and tight sound. That's on a regular jackson 6-string.

• Members

Originally posted by Megadeth7684

Hmm, I see a 5150 in the background behind Nystrom in that pic. Swamo played guitar on the second album, the first album he was on drums.

For some crazy reason, after seeing that pic now I want a 5150.. DAMNIT!

Well, I'll just wait until the Wacken DVD is released to hear how Bloodbath sounds through them.

• Members

Originally posted by Tisca

Clear and heavy? Simpel... B A R I T O N E guitar. You won't believe how big the difference is before you try.

Absolutely true. With my ESP 27" scale baritones I use 12-52 DYL GHS Boomers with no trouble at all in regards to staying in tune and stable intonation. My tone remains tight, focused and articulate in B tuning and a healthy amount of Recto / 5150 gain. I really recomend trying one of these if you are going to make a habit of tuning any lower than C. Just my opinion.

Archived