Delete

DracoAran

• Members

Originally posted by DracoAran

Thank you brothers for all the thoughts.

As far as her bills, well, it's a little complicated.

She got diagnosed with a very aggressive liver cancer a couple of months back, which is attacking her kidney now too. They went ahead and put her on a donor list. I said hell no, a chunk off my liver should be enough, I'm not gonna just watch her fade away while she waits, specially since they said that she had one year left at the most.

Turns out that because of my ties to the government, I am only allowed to do such a donation if it is for my parents, my children, or my spouse.

We got married immediately. We had planned on it, but not this soon. Either way, I am still waiting on the Certificate to come in the mail so I can get her started on Tricare and what not.

Now, this poor thing is alergic to most everything conventional. Fortunately, she's a resident at UCLA, so she's been using her leverage to get the latest experimental drugs. But they're so EXPENSIVE, and her insurance doesn't cover anything experimental. No government grants to anyone with her salary either. Yet, $20,000 a month is a lot for someone paying huge college loans, bills, So Cal rent, you name it.

We just moved in together into a one bedroom that's at a resonable distance from her work, and somewhat reasonable for me (76 miles one way).

It definitely helps out, but goddamn, our money is getting tighter every day.

Right now she's on medical leave, which could turn into a discharge if it goes on for too long. She was supposed to go back on the 24th of this month, but the drugs are creating bigger problems, and I really doubt that she's gonna be feeling well enough to go back. Internal bleeding, which turned into a major infection on that kidney, and she can't keep food down since a week and a half ago.

All I know, is that I am a healthy man, non smoker, very social drinker who hasn't been intoxicated in almost 4 years, and who never did drugs. The doctors are obviously excited to know that there is a donor and that her liver is still young enough to regenerate.
:)

Wow, I am in So Cal and if there is anything I can do name it and I will try my best to do it.

Maybe you should setup a paypal for donations?