Silvertone 1482

bendedavis

• Members

I was kinda lookin forward to when I may have a dual amp setup. I have a peavey classic 30 now. Has anybody played the silvertone 1482, by the specs alone it seems really good. I would like to run a stereo delay between the two amps. Is it a good clean amp and does it take distortion well?

• Members

Originally posted by bendedavis

I was kinda lookin forward to when I may have a dual amp setup. I have a peavey classic 30 now. Has anybody played the silvertone 1482, by the specs alone it seems really good. I would like to run a stereo delay between the two amps. Is it a good clean amp and does it take distortion well?

I did some updates and mods for a friend on one of these a few months ago. It's a really well built and easy to mod amp. Stock it sounds a tad wimpy, not much gain at all and the overall tone is dull.

What I did was first replace the speaker with a Weber, then I modded the tone control, still maintaing a single knob I increased the range. Finally I used the mike channel to overdrive the instrument channel.

Here's a demo clip of the completed mods.

1482 Mods

• Members

Originally posted by bendedavis

Well if I were to just change the speaker in it, would it give a pretty good clean tone? I have a Rat 2 for distortion.

I found the tone a tad on the dull side, but acceptable. The tone control mod brought out the brightness. Maybe with an eq in front you could get past the dullness.

Archived